Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

go to bed. I know this question has probably been asked on here before.. But I'm curious. My oldest is 9 and she goes to bed at 8pm( has since she turned 8) they other two are 6 and almost 3 and they go to bed at 7pm.  Now they all have tv's and typically go right to sleep. Now if they are having issues sleeping the tv goes off... I always feel so bad because my kids go to bed but there friends are still outside playing, still knocking on my door and still calling...  but I have to admit I'm a little selfish when it comes to my quiet time...lol.. The weekends are sorta different but the latest they are up is 9... That's if they are be having... So that being said how old are your children and what time do they go to bed?

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Replies (31-40):
jen113000
by Jenna on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:30 PM
My 7 and 4 year old go to bed at 8.
TJFBGMommy
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:38 PM

All 4 of the kids 4-14 go to bed at 8, I read to the 2 younger kids first then read to the older kids. The older 2 don't usually fall asleep before 10ish. They complain a lot because the entire neighborhood is out playing till pretty late. The damn ice cream truck doesn't stop running until 10 either.  My boys keep wanting a later bedtime, I told them fine as long as they get themselves up in the morning. They refuse, so 8:00 bed time it is. The 14 year old has to be up by 5:30 though, so it's about the right amount of sleep anyway. 

mom2maryjoseph
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Mine are 4 and 8 .  They go to bed at 8.  That has always been their bedtimes.  We have that time year round.  The only exceptions are when we are out of town at the grandparents houses.  We try to be more flexible.

toopicky429
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:28 PM
My kids are 6 and 7. They go to bed at 9, and wake on their own around 6. We tried an 8pm bedtime for them, and both were up at 4am so we went back to 9. I just can't start my day that early, lol.
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:12 PM
We Homeschool so I the kids don't have to get up early. They go to bed 9:30ish.
butterflycircle
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:16 AM

My oldest is 7 1/2 and goes to bed between 8 and 8:30. Sometimes 9 on a weekend or special occasion.

My toddler is 2 going on 3. He goes to bed at 9:30ish. 

Every kid is different. My oldest needs more sleep or she is crabby. My toddler goes to bed late and gets up early but he does take naps still.

GotSomeKids
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:19 AM

My kids are 9 and 12.   On school nights, they go to bed at 9pm.  On weekends its 12ish.

Momtogirls0823
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Our two are 7 and 9. They go to bed at 8 or 8:30 and read until 9. At nine it is mandatory lights out. During the school year they have to be up at 6 to get ready for school so they have to be up early. Weekends they might stay up a little later but we try to keep it somewhat consistent.
annelauer
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:27 AM

Our 22 month old goes to bed between 6 and 7.  Our three year old goes to bed at 8.  Our seven year old goes to bed way too late because of dance.  Sometimes it is 10.  Ideally, they would all be in bed by 8.

TurboMom81
Luke 2:10-11: And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
Yesterday at 3:02 PM
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:28 AM

8:30pm they get ready.  Lights out at 9pm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN