Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

go to bed. I know this question has probably been asked on here before.. But I'm curious. My oldest is 9 and she goes to bed at 8pm( has since she turned 8) they other two are 6 and almost 3 and they go to bed at 7pm.  Now they all have tv's and typically go right to sleep. Now if they are having issues sleeping the tv goes off... I always feel so bad because my kids go to bed but there friends are still outside playing, still knocking on my door and still calling...  but I have to admit I'm a little selfish when it comes to my quiet time...lol.. The weekends are sorta different but the latest they are up is 9... That's if they are be having... So that being said how old are your children and what time do they go to bed?

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Replies (91-97):
carakitty
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:51 PM

My DD is 8 and she goes to bed around 9pm, but we would prefer if she was in bed with lights out by 8. She usually gets up a couple times before finally settling down for good for the night so sometimes I guess she doesn't actually get to sleep until 10:30 or maybe even 11. But that's not an every night thing. She doesn't have any 'entertainment' things in her room like any sort of screens. Sometimes she has her mp3 player or radio, but hose often get taken away as consequences for bad behavior.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:53 PM

14mo old 9:30ish

6yr old 7:30pm on school nights, 10pm bedtime on weekends or holidays

14 & 16yr old 10pm school nights, NO bedtime on weekends or holidays.

soymujer
by Mikki on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:25 PM

7 year old goes at 8:30, the middle two (15,13) at 9:30 and oldest (17) at 10.  When they entered fourth grade they outed go toyed at 9:30 and when entering high school bed at 10.  Weekends they can stay up a hour later...minus the oldest since he works later

family in the van   Mom of four

WillsMOM72
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:56 PM
My son is 5 and goes to bed around 8:30.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Tx_stepmom
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:29 PM

9pm, any later and it's like pulling teeth the next morning trying to get him up.  On the weekends he can stay up late. 

rsrangel
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM

They go to bed at 7 on weekdays because we have to be up really early.  Weekends vary depending on what we are doing, behavior, etc.  But usually they are in bed by 9 on weekends.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)