Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

I'm a bad mom, I don't like playdates (update, 2nd comment on 3rd page)

Ok, I don't mind pawning my child off elsewhere for a playdate, but having them at my house isn't all that exciting for me. 

Today was my son's first official playdate that wasn't with family. A neighbor rode his bike over, and after talking to his mom, he wound up in my backyard for about 1/2 hour. Then we walked him home and they played at his house for like 1/2 hour. I feel like a bad mom because I guess I don't really like this kid. He used to hit and kick my son on the bus. My son really wants to play with him so I finally gave in. He wasn't bad, I just can't get over the fact that he has hit my child on more than one occasion.

As we were leaving, the child was asking to come back to play again tomorrow. I feel kinda bad making up excuses to give a 6 y/o

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Replies (11-20):
Mommyof2n0308
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Neither do I

zumbafreak11
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:48 AM
For the most part, I don't like other people's kids and find most of them bratty or just plain annoying. The neighborhood kids sometimes come over uninvited and I can't wait to get rid of a couple of them. Mostly my DD has had playdates with cousins-one of which is ALWAYS loud and obnoxious even at 4. She's been bugging me about having her BFF over, but I don't know if I can handle a girl with ADD as well asone with ADHD plus her BFF sometimes hits at school and calls my daughter "Angry Bird" if my DD is having a bad day and cries and I just don't like this girl's mom. My DD has NEVER been on a playdate to any of her friends' houses.
bleumonster
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:48 AM
I never minded most kids coming over. They play in my kids' room or outside and I don't get the "I'm bored" as much. There is the occasional kid that I just don't like for one reason or another. Sometimes its just instintual and I find out later I was right and sometimes its based on past behavior. One way or another those gut feelings ate usually correct.
godsgirl26
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:52 AM
My kids fight like there is no flipping tomorrow. Oh my gah it stresses me the heck out.

Quoting sweetleanne:

I take it that this is your only child, because siblings fight like cats and dogs , then play like nothing ever happened. It is very stressfull for most parents in general.

Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I'm the youngest of 4... I remember the fights we had growing up, lol

Quoting godsgirl26:

My kids fight like there is no flipping tomorrow. Oh my gah it stresses me the heck out.

Quoting sweetleanne:

I take it that this is your only child, because siblings fight like cats and dogs , then play like nothing ever happened. It is very stressfull for most parents in general.

TurboMom81
Loving all the new additions on Netflix
Today at 1:07 AM
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Your not a bad mom.

godsgirl26
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:00 PM
My mom remarried. But I was the baby so I don't remember fighting with any of my siblings. So when my kids fight oh my gosh I have to leave my house for a little bit.

Quoting Idntreallycare:

I'm the youngest of 4... I remember the fights we had growing up, lol

Quoting godsgirl26:

Quoting sweetleanne:

lilmsnay83
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Kids will be kids...so just let it go.

Im a teacher and see kids hit and argue all morning but they cant stay away from each other.  Yes its aggravating and I tell my students daily. If you cant get along then stay away from each other but they tend to gravitate back towards each other. 

Just let them play.

StoneColdKiller
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:25 PM

wow havent had a playdate that didnt involved the mom of the other child.

Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

They live down the street, if we watch, we can see him walk between the houses. Yesterday I told her I'd walk him home and she said "or you can just watch from your house if you want" so I followed her lead on that one.

Quoting StoneColdKiller:

wow havent had a playdate that didnt involved the mom of the other child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)