Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Daddy's little spy

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:48 AM
  • 14 Replies

So on the 8th of April I had back surgery. Went last week for a checkup. Doc says light housework, rest,and DO NOT do the floors. So our 11 y/o has become his Daddy's little spy. I need some way to bribe this kid so he doesn't throw me under bus when dh gets home. I really need to do these floors..I'm just tired of looking at dirty floors and my dh doesn't have time to do them, after work. I know if I do them ds will tell on me.

Ellen

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:51 AM
2 moms liked this

Why not have your ds do them for you?  By 11 years old he should have the skills to quickly do the floor.

BTW - I really don't like parents using their children to tattle on each other.  Children shouldn't be policing their parents.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with this 100%!  I would hire a housecleaner for a month or two, but pitting parents against each other is wrong on all levels.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Why not have your ds do them for you?  By 11 years old he should have the skills to quickly do the floor.

BTW - I really don't like parents using their children to tattle on each other.  Children shouldn't be policing their parents.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:55 AM
I agree with steelcrazy.
diaperstodating
I agree with steelcrazy.
diaperstodating
I agree with steelcrazy.
bleumonster
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM
You shouldn't do the floors but I would put a stop to any spying quick. That starts a whole slippery slope. Tell your DS that he can do the floors and supervise him. My kids, one girl and one boy, could both sweep and mop by 11. Maybe not real well but practice makes perfect LOL. Oh and tell dh that if he pulls that again, he will be doing it all plus be in the doghouse for a long while.
ozzyswifey
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:51 AM

This and what's more important floors or you hurting yourself? Don't do it relax you were told this for a reason. 

Quoting steelcrazy:

shymomof4
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Wouldn't your husband notice they were clean and figure it out??

PinkButterfly66
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

The 11 y/o can do the floors.  I was cleaning the floors, and bathrooms at that age.  Just tell him what to do and supervise.  

jen113000
by Jenna on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Yea, I would ask my 11 yr old to do the floors for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)