Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

keeping ds (5 yo) home from teeball...

Posted by   + Show Post

i hate that we paid money to play and we're missing games, but he was throwing a huge fit, refusing to put on socks.... i even gave him a chance to apologize but instead he said "delete it and i'll apologize" (the text).  hopefully he calms down soon haha

pregnancy due date

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Replies (11-11):
ohmandy
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:45 PM

i told him i was texting the coach that we werent going to be there, but said he had one last chance before i sent it to apologize.

ds really likes teeball, not so much the game, but like you said, playing with the kids.  we talked about what happened when he calmed down. Hopefully this is the first and last time we have to do something like this.

also, there is always at least one person missing... shoot the coach wasnt even there last time ha.

Quoting TexTornado:

Sorry, I'm not following.  What does "delete it & I"ll apologize".  What does a 5 year old have to do with a text? 

But as far as the game, 5 year olds aren't as invested in games & practice as we are, so it's probably not really a huge punishment to him.  If you had taken him but made him sit on the bench and not play, that would have been more of a punishment.  They love play and interaction.  Sitting home won't bother him much, but being around the play and not being able to, is punishment to a 5 year old.  Just phases of development. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN