Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Hello I'm new here

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:07 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hello everyone.  I am new here.  My name is Missy.  I am 38 and the mom to 5 yr old girl and 3 yr. old twin boys.  My daughter is in 1/2 day kindergarten and my twins are in 1/2 day head start.  My daughter is really smart and reached all of her milestones growing up early.  She is very shy.  So I get reports at parent teacher conferences that she NI on things that I know from quizing her that she knows but her problem is that she is so shy she just doesn't answer when quized by her teacher.  

She is making alot of friends.  I hope to get to know oher mom's of school age kids and learn a few things along  the way as this is all new to me. 

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
gonecrazi
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

my 11 y/o is shy. he aknows all the answers when we do homework but won't answer them in class. his teacher says he may grow out of it as he gets older.

jen113000
by Jenna on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Hello! Welcome!

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Welcome to the group Missy!!

janitablue
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Welcome to the group have you had a one on on talk with her teacher let her know the situation.

MissyB2275
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Yeah I have had one on one talks with her teacher.  She just tells me she can't give the credit for my dd knowing the stuff unless my dd tells it to her.  I just keep telling the teacher she has to find her way with my dd to open up and break out of her shyness with her.  Her preschool teachers did so can she but honestly this teacher is very disorganized and overwhelmed from all I've seen and heard from my cousin who is a special ed teacher there. This is only my dd teachers 2 yr teaching here and her 1st actual year under contract.  I just think she is not very organized and really wasn't prepared for this on her own yet at all.  I'm hoping next year will be much easier.

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Hello, and welcome to the group!

soymujer
by Mikki on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:29 PM

welcome

family in the van   Mom of four

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)