Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What do you pack in your kids lunch boxes?

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:24 AM
  • 42 Replies

I usually pack goldfish,a juice box,an apple/orange,graham crackers,granola bar and heatable Kraft-dinner cups for my 7 year old.plus a couple other little things

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bluecalm
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:26 AM
Who heats up the food?

Quoting Courtney123496:

I usually pack goldfish,a juice box,an apple/orange,graham crackers,granola bar and heatable Kraft-dinner cups for my 7 year old.plus a couple other little things

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BKozICan
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:49 AM

Cheese, turkey or pb&j sandwich, fresh broccoli or baby carrots, dip. Sometimes chips, if we have any in the house, grapes, applesauce. If there is nothing fresh in the house, I will microwave a frozen pizza and stick it in the fridge to cool off before it goes in the lunchbox. A couple times a year, I will make mac & cheese or spaghetti and put it in the thermos.

We pack snack and that is usually pretzels or crackers, dried fruit, nuts, and occasionally, a couple m&ms or candy coated sunflower seeds. 

Courtney123496
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:55 AM

His teacher,they have a microwave in their classroom

Quoting Bluecalm:

Who heats up the food?

Quoting Courtney123496:

AJsMom81507
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:16 AM

PBJ

vegi chips

gold fish

fruit snack

nutter butter

juice box

canteloupe

chocolate rice milk

(lunch and snack)

bleumonster
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:38 AM
My son is so picky. The only lunch meat he will eat is bologna. He used to eat cheese and mayo sandwiches but now its either a bologna and cheese sandwich or a lunchable, a small pack of chips, either yogurt or fruit and a bottle of juice. The fruit comes back more often than the yogurt so I usually send that.
Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Lunchables, soup or spaghetti in his thermos, pb&j, milk, chips, fruit, baby carrots.
theresaphilly
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Sandwiches -- he loves peanut butter

Fruit

Snacks

Juice & water

Cheese Sticks (Fav Food)

Different foods each day

HockeyDanceMom
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Sandwich, soup or cheese, crackers & meat, a fruit or veggie, cheese strings, pretzles, yogurt, applesauce, pudding, fruit snacks, gold fish, pepperoni stick, cookies, muffins juice box or chocolate milk,

Wife to Jason (07/10/98), Mommy to Michael James (03/21/00), Madalyn Rose (02/27/03), Emily Grace (01/07/05), Daniel Joseph (01/04/06) & Christopher Thomas (03/21/11).

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Salad with home made balsamic dressing and home made croutons with fruit and sunflower seeds

Carrots and broccoli with home made lemon artichoke hummus, fruit and avocado salad

Home made chicken cubes with home lemon butter sauce for dipping, tomatoes, olives and fruit

Chicken lettuce wraps with fruit

Leftovers: veggie spaghetti, home made chili mac, home made sloppy joes, etc

Pizza (made with a cauliflower crust) *lunchable* and fruit

Water to drink.
faire_jour
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Beans and brown rice, apple, olives and milk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)