Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

how do you get your kids to...

Posted by   + Show Post
drink water? my kids HATE it. they avoid it like the plague! they ask for something to drink and i say water so they say nevermind im not thirst. how can i get them to drink more water?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Replies (21-30):
_Mrs.H_
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:09 PM
That is one thing I have never had much trouble with. My kids like water.
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Guess I've lucked out- mine all like water. They have water bottles they keep by their beds to sip on if they get thirsty during the night, and usually keep a cup/glass by the kitchen sink for during the day. While I'm the one who started the bed side drinks, they started the by-the-sink ones on their own.

Bekki
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:18 PM

My son drinks only milk or water. He has loved water since he was tiny, probably because he has always loved to get it himself. Our fridge has a water dispenser, and we keep cups and a stool next to it so he can help himself. He loves it, and adding ice is a big bonus too!

dballa
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

For those that care, be careful with crystal light..  Some of them contain aspartame.   

BuckeyezRule
by Laura on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Exactly what I was going to say. :) my kids do love water, but they love it even more with fruit. :)

Quoting annelauer:

We've never had a problem with this, but I do have a suggestion. For fun we diffuse water. The kids live to help. We'll make a pitcher with lemon, cucumbers, fennel, basil and mint usually. (That's everyone's favorite.) My kids are young so they can't cut the produce, but they can rinse it and do done taste testing as we go. You can use most anything. Citrus, berries, herbs, melon, etc. It is aesthetically pleasing, they helped make it and it had a little flavor. It's still water though. Good luck!

mommi128
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Water bottles with ice

honeydewmommy
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Never had trouble. DS always drank water becuase, we make it availble to him 24/7 with the water cooler. If he wants something else, he needs us to get to it. So generally her learned not to bother and just drink his water. 

deadlights86
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I wish I could help my ds won't even drink watered down koolaid. His dr suggested that mio drink stuff but it has aspartame in it and I refuse to give my kids that stuff.

mommyofmonkey16
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I'm curious to know why...Anyways,  you can give them watermelon.

Quoting annelauer:

Don't do that!

Quoting bizkit_fanky:

Dd hates it too...I buy the drink packets to add to her water....

SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Honestly I never allowed her to fall in love with crap drinks. She drinks a lot of water, juice a couple times a week and she avoids milk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)