Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
Have you ever had to tell your child that their teacher is wrong?
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Replies (41-50):
othermom
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Not that I can think of, but teachs do mess up sometimes

mysweet1s
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Absolutely - a number of times, but I always phrase it in a "people make mistakes" way.  Teaching is a job - I have a job, and I make mistakes sometimes too :)

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:26 AM

I haven't had that issue yet.

CafeMom Tickers
soymujer
by Mikki on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Yes

family in the van   Mom of four

Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Only when she blamed my son's inattentiveness on my daughter's illness rather than the bullying that was going on IN her classroom.

supercarp
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I have told my child that the textbook is wrong. It is unfortunately pretty easy to find misstatements in a textbook. I report those to the school. If the teacher is learning it out of that textbook, he will be wrong, too.

Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Our kindergarten does nap time for the full-day students.  It's more like rest time, not every kid sleeps, but they can if they want to.  It's also fairly short, I think about 15 minutes, maybe 20 minutes, don't remember for sure.  But each child brings a beach towel that they keep at school and at nap/rest time they all lay their towels out on the floor and then lay down on the towel.  The teacher turns out the lights (still have light from outside) and shuts the door and it's a time to just lay there quietly, rest the body and brain and recharge.

My oldest son quit napping at an early age.  He had no issues with nap/rest time in Kindy.  He had his fair share of getting in trouble in Kindergarten, but it was never during nap time.

My youngest son, who is in Kindy now, was still napping regularly at daycare right up until the first day of Kindergarten.  The teacher usually does story time right after nap time and she told me that often times Alex doesn't want to get up from nap time.  He wants to continue laying there and just rest.  So since it's just story time she lets him lay there since it's not disturbing the other kids and he's not getting into trouble.

I don't think it's all that uncommon for some 5 year olds to still need down time like that.  I'm glad that they get it in Kindergarten at our school.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Wow, that would suck!  I don't know of anyone IRL whose child was still napping at 4 years old, let alone 5.  Both of my boys stopped napping around 2 and I'm sure that they would have gotten themselves in trouble daily during nap time if our school had it.

Quoting aj23:

My sons school and all out the other ones I know of near here have nap time for kindergarten.
I can't remember off the top of my head if it's state or district regulations but one if the two actually requires a rest period for prek and kindergarten if the school day is longer than (I think) 6 hours.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Is 5K the same as kindergarten or is it another year of preschool that is followed by kindergarten?  Curious because they don't get nap time in kindergarten here, only preschool (which is the same as 4K).

Quoting MunchiesMom324:

4K.  He turned 5 in february. 
They have naptime in 4 and 5K at our elementary school.

Quoting mjande4:

Nap time!? Is this preschool?

Quoting MunchiesMom324:

Yes, because he's had a few accidents at school... she won't let him get up at naptime to use the restroom and he winds up pooping himself.  If it were more solid, I would understand him having to hold it.... but this is out of the blue diarhea and since she says he can't go... well, you know what happens.  Four times this school year, he's come home in different pants.  How embarassing!!!

I told him I don't care WHAT the teacher says - if he HAS to go, he is to get up and run.  Tell the teacher "I'm sorry, but I REALLY have to go" and just go straight to the bathroom.

Anidawehiwahya
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:39 PM

My Sson has corrected his teacher's errors a few times this year. Just when they have the wrong answer for the cross word puzzles, the rebus puzzles, the math answers. It can be annoying, but sometimes funny too. I like others explain to him that they are only human. We have also found the answers in the back of the book to be wrong on occasion.. :)

theresaphilly
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Sure have

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Not yet
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN