Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

is it normal or is he being a brat?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Is it normal for an under 6 year old to cry over a left favorite bear?

Options:

normal

just being a brat

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 89

View Results

So my almost 6 year old kindergartener slept over at his dads house this weekend and took his favorite bear. I didnt realize it was gone until bedtime tonight when he began crying and stating that he cant sleep without his bear. While i understand that he is almost 6 i feel that this is a normal reaction after all i have a hard tune sleping when he is not here. We called his dad so that my son could get reassurance that his bear is ok and he will get the bear tomorow(evwn if i have to drivemabout an hour out of my way just to get it) and his dad tells him twice to stop being a brat about the bear and he will get it back when his dad comes next time maybe wednesday. My son was not crying hysterically or anything just crying real tears and saying he wants his bear. Is my sons reaction normal or is he "just being a brat"?
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Replies (41-42):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Normal
Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Being a brat is pitching a huge fit and demanding that the stuffed animal be retrieved ASAP with an on going fit until the bear is with him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)