Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

One month to go for school and my biggest regret is

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM
  • 36 Replies

I wish I took time to use my son 's teacher website. I am finally taking advantage of it and I love it. My son's teacher  post everything from grades, homework and to next quizzes.

Do you have any regrets when it comes to your child schooling ,maybe you could have got extra tutoring, or read twenty minutes a day......... did you had a good school year everything fall in place ?

by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I think extra tutoring could have done her good or harm.  Not sure though since we did not do it.

LilliesValley
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope. We keep up on things and have a schedule of extra things. We will be working hard over the summer to supplement.
sonshining
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:04 PM

No regrets, it has been a good school year for my ds. He's finishing fourth grade with A's and on top in reading. I have a desk job and plenty of spare time to check with his teacher via email. It helps to keep in touch, my ds doesn't always tell me everything or show me paperwork.

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:07 PM

not this year. this year has been the best. open communication with the teacher (including texting her when I am confused on DD homework assignemnt) I do wish I could go on the feild trips with her, but I do not have a sitter for the boys so I have to stay home

soymujer
by Mikki on May. 1, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Regret not getting the ADD diagnosis sooner, he has changed so much.

family in the van   Mom of four

paytonleximomma
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:45 PM

No regrets in regards to DS he is doing amazing in school this year.  I am going to make sure he continues reading all summer though.  In regards to DD she will be getting tutoring this summer because of math.  My kids switched schools this year and the school they are at now is so much more advanced than her old school that she was behind in math the first day.  We tried helping her caught up but her teacher is willing to tutor her all summer so that way when she enters 6th grade in the fall she is right where she needs to be.

corrinacs
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Thats' phenominal!  My son's teacher has a website like that but its never updated: ?.  I guess its kind of hard dsince he's in Kindergarten.

But beyond that, yes.  I wish I had supplemented more for him at home.  I work fulll time, so in the afternoons, I just want to chill.......but I have to prep everyone for teh next day :/.

jen113000
by Jenna on May. 1, 2013 at 1:06 PM
No regrets here.
Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I need to be more consistent with making him write neater. I have let him slide and, while he's made progress, it would be better

alyssa1
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Yeah my daughter is and has been struggling bad in math she is in second grade.she had extra help at school and trying to work with her at home by printing out worksheets for her to do. The teacher told me she doesn't plan on holding her back but if she doesn't do better in third grade they will hold her back. There is no summer school or a tutor this summer. School will be out in 12 days
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)