Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

OT. Snow?!

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:34 PM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

So, it's May first and my area is in a winter weather advisory with three to four inches expected.  What the...  It's May!  Guess this is our punishment for being so hot so early last year!  I'm beginning to think Mother Nature is bipolar or menopausal!

family in the van   Mom of four

by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paytonleximomma
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I agree Mother Nature is TOTALLY BIOPOLAR.  And I thought I was bad. LOL  We have beautiful weather here in Eastern Iowa today however tomorrow they are calling for snow, rain, sleet mix.  I told the kids this morning you might as well shorts to school because the rest of the week you may be wearing jackets and jeans again.

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 1, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Yeah, we're supposed to get snow this afternoon and tomorrow also....after having 70+ degree weather for almost a week.

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 1, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Here's what they're saying for Minnesota:

A massive cold front is expected to stall over the Upper Midwest on Wednesday, May 1, and could drop between 6 and 9 inches of snow along a line from Mankato to Rice Lake, Wis., according to the National Weather Service.

A winter storm warning is in effect for the seven-county metro area, with snowfall rates of 1 to 2 inches per hour expected to start late Wednesday afternoon and last into Thursday.

The last time the Twin Cities had more than an inch of snow accumulation in May was 1976, when 1.2 inches fell on May 2. But the kind of snowfall that buries the now-tantalizingly green grass last fell on May 11-12, 1946; May 1, 1935; and May 20, 1892 -- 3 inches of snow fell on those dates, according to the Minnesota Climatology Office.

corrinacs
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I think she's been a little bit of both LOL

jen113000
by Jenna on May. 1, 2013 at 1:09 PM
I couldn't imagine snow now.... crazy!!
aetrom
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Ugh! Here it has been way hotter than normal....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Yup.  I'm looking out my window at work right now and just recently the rain turned to snow.

Very cruel after the beautiful weekend we just had.

Quoting Barabell:

Here's what they're saying for Minnesota:

A massive cold front is expected to stall over the Upper Midwest on Wednesday, May 1, and could drop between 6 and 9 inches of snow along a line from Mankato to Rice Lake, Wis., according to the National Weather Service.

A winter storm warning is in effect for the seven-county metro area, with snowfall rates of 1 to 2 inches per hour expected to start late Wednesday afternoon and last into Thursday.

The last time the Twin Cities had more than an inch of snow accumulation in May was 1976, when 1.2 inches fell on May 2. But the kind of snowfall that buries the now-tantalizingly green grass last fell on May 11-12, 1946; May 1, 1935; and May 20, 1892 -- 3 inches of snow fell on those dates, according to the Minnesota Climatology Office.

bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Its in the 70's here....We didnt get much snow this year or last year....The school was only closed 4 days for snow this  year

jaytee
by Jen on May. 1, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Mother Nature is totally confused! My friend has friends that live in Colorado and she said they got snow.
jaytee
by Jen on May. 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM
It's currently 66 degrees and sunny here
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)