Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

greedy teachers

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:39 PM
  • 52 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm that parent that sends things in plus extra every time donations are asked. Beginning of the school year they have the list I send extras like the required 4 packs of paper. I sent in 30 packs when it was cheap with the going back to school sales. I did this for everything. I pay a lot for my kids to go to that school plus all the extras. Today we received a letter for more supplies for next year. My kids won't have the same teachers next school term so I'll have to buy those supplies. I don't mind that but I do for their teachers they have now. I have done my share plus some for both my kids classes. I will not send stuff for next year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM

We'd never send a list like that home. It sounds like a lot of parents don't buy supplies for their kids, which is such garbage imo.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:55 PM
3 moms liked this

Is it possible that other parents aren't pulling their weight with sending in supplies and the teacher is running low?  It is also easier to send a note home with every child than to only send it home with a select few kids who haven't brought anything in yet.  So if you have sent in more than your fair share already, just ignore the letter.  It really isn't worth getting upset over.

thebailiffs
by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:56 PM
4 moms liked this

I would be surprised that the principal at the school would support that. I would send a nice note to the principal, just wanted you to know I got this letter and it didn't make sense. Please look into it., I will be supporting the teacher for the next classroom my child goes into.  Then move on..

I am not sure greedy is the proper title for this post. I am a teacher and EVERYTHING I need special comes out of my personal paycheck, I have/would never imagine asking parents to give me supplies. 

mjande4
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:14 PM
4 moms liked this

I agree with Steel and Balliff.  I understand your concern, but your title is a disservice to teachers in general.  It's not like they collect supplies for THEMSELVES. 

GotSomeKids
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I just wouldn't send it in if you already sent a lot.  I still wouldn't call them greedy.  Many school districts AND families are really strapped right now.

Do what you can or what you will.  After that don't worry about it anymore.

mrsledford09
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this
You shouldnt have to. That was rude of them to ask for more supplies, they should ask the new students next year not yall to peovide for someone elses kid
minimo77
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:55 PM

On one of these posts, I read about how a teacher asked for supplies from a specific store, their store brand. One mom was in said store a few days after school started, to see teacher returning many items and pocketing the cash....that is crazy.

I wouldnt be buying anything extra, if I were you.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Oh please! (Rolls eyes)

Quoting minimo77:

On one of these posts, I read about how a teacher asked for supplies from a specific store, their store brand. One mom was in said store a few days after school started, to see teacher returning many items and pocketing the cash....that is crazy.

minimo77
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:59 PM

What? Someone had that post, it was one of many about school supplies-It made me mad, if it realy happend that is.

Quoting mjande4:

Oh please! (Rolls eyes)

Quoting minimo77:

JeremysMom
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Unless she was asking the parents for the receipts as well, I don't see how she was pocketing the cash.

Quoting minimo77:

What? Someone had that post, it was one of many about school supplies-It made me mad, if it realy happend that is.

Quoting mjande4:

Oh please! (Rolls eyes)

Quoting minimo77:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN