Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

At a lost

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:04 AM
  • 20 Replies
My DD in 3rd grade, i swear is coming home sick almost everyweek. Always the same thing, her belly hurts. Yet at home shes fine, though i make her be in her room because if she is too sick to stay at school she is too sick to be out in the livingroom playing with her brother. I have asked her about school, if there were any mean kids, she said no. I talked to the teacher and says that all the kids love her. I have taken to the doctors, to no avail that anything is wrong with her. She is 8 1/2. I know kids can start their monthly early, so is that what this is? Shes gonna start soon? But this has been going on majority of the year. She has good grades so i dont think it is frusteration with school. Im just lost. Help?
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommaTLC186
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Around 3rd grade my oldest son missed school alot for headaches. I took him to Dr repeatedly, had cat scans........... After about five months came to realize that he was just saying it because he didn't "like being told what to do at school" ... I put an end to that after that. I only let my kids stay home now is they have a fever, are vomiting or having diarrhea.
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Yea, thats my rule for staying home too. Told her if she pukes or has diareha i have to see it. But the school is calling me to come get her. I tried asking if she had a fever, diareah or puked and they said no, she says her belly hurts and u need to cone get her.
mjande4
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:11 AM

You need to take her to the doctor and have them do a full physical. 

mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Have you tried cutting gluten out of her diet?

STVUstudent
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

give her lots and lots and lots of water, and grape juice.  Bump up her fiber intake- oatmeal, whole grain bread, whole fruits with the peel.  Limit or eliminate processed sugar and processed foods.  She may just need a good healthy poop. 

My 5 year old has been complaining about the same things... stomach hurts, needs to come home, no medical explanation, no obvious psych issues... we did the above, and even though she poops regularly, after a few day, she had a couple of serious man-poops, and viola- no more stomach aches...

worth a shot, anyway...

Mommy4000
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:15 AM

It's going to sound odd, but one thing I noticed with my daughter is she will have really bad stomach aches in school because she's holding in gas. No one wants to pass gas in a crowded room right. So she usually comes home hurting, but is fine once she's in the privacy of our home. I don't know what it is about school food, but it makes my kids really gassy.

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Stupid question, what is gluten in?

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

Have you tried cutting gluten out of her diet?

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:16 AM
So may e start packing a lunch?

Quoting Mommy4000:

It's going to sound odd, but one thing I noticed with my daughter is she will have really bad stomach aches in school because she's holding in gas. No one wants to pass gas in a crowded room right. So she usually comes home hurting, but is fine once she's in the privacy of our home. I don't know what it is about school food, but it makes my kids really gassy.

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:19 AM
My kids hardly get sugared snacks except special ocassions. But she fights to eat fruit, unless its a banana. She would rather wait until the next meal time

Quoting STVUstudent:

give her lots and lots and lots of water, and grape juice.  Bump up her fiber intake- oatmeal, whole grain bread, whole fruits with the peel.  Limit or eliminate processed sugar and processed foods.  She may just need a good healthy poop. 

My 5 year old has been complaining about the same things... stomach hurts, needs to come home, no medical explanation, no obvious psych issues... we did the above, and even though she poops regularly, after a few day, she had a couple of serious man-poops, and viola- no more stomach aches...

worth a shot, anyway...

Mommy4000
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Does she normally eat at school? It might be worth a try to pack a lunch from home.

Quoting sahmw2010:

So may e start packing a lunch?

Quoting Mommy4000:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN