Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

I need help writing a letter of appreciation

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 11:03 AM
  • 8 Replies

Next week is Teacher apprectiation week at my kids school, and my son's room mom's are want us to help write a note of apperciation to his teacher. But I'm wanting to write a note my self because she's has done so much for my son. Can someone please give me an idea on what I can do?

by on May. 2, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
maxswolfsuit
by Max on May. 2, 2013 at 1:15 PM

What has she done for your son that she doesn't do for all kids or that other teachers haven't done for him?

That's awesome that you're doing that. It's so rare to get a letter of appreciation. So few people think to take the time to do it. When I do get one, I treasure it. 

proud_mommy1212
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:42 PM

My son has a server speech problem, she's mangaged something that we've been trying to get him today, stopping, and slowly tell us what he wants to. And he also shuts down when he gets to upset if he cant figure something out so she lets him takes his time and calm down and then helps him figure it out. And I do appreciate what his speech teacher does for him, like I said his room moms are wanting each child to write a note for her. But I am planning on writing one for his speech teacher.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

What has she done for your son that she doesn't do for all kids or that other teachers haven't done for him?

That's awesome that you're doing that. It's so rare to get a letter of appreciation. So few people think to take the time to do it. When I do get one, I treasure it. 

maxswolfsuit
by Max on May. 2, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I would tell her just that. 

Tell her you've been struggling to help him for years and she is the one who finally broke through. 

Tell both of them the changes you see in your son and let them know you realize they helped those changes happen. 

Quoting proud_mommy1212:

My son has a server speech problem, she's mangaged something that we've been trying to get him today, stopping, and slowly tell us what he wants to. And he also shuts down when he gets to upset if he cant figure something out so she lets him takes his time and calm down and then helps him figure it out. And I do appreciate what his speech teacher does for him, like I said his room moms are wanting each child to write a note for her. But I am planning on writing one for his speech teacher.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

proud_mommy1212
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Thank you big smile mini

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

I would tell her just that. 

Tell her you've been struggling to help him for years and she is the one who finally broke through. 

Tell both of them the changes you see in your son and let them know you realize they helped those changes happen. 

Quoting proud_mommy1212:

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

corrinacs
by on May. 2, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I would just say thank you, point out a few things that struck you as awesome and leave it at that :).

Karen_S
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Can you ask your child what he likes about his teacher, and write those comments down, so that you say thank you ask an adult, but it also has his own words?

dawncs
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I also recommend sending it to the school district personnel office, so it can be in her permanent file. School districts love these letters if a teacher does not have tenure.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on May. 2, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Quoting dawncs:

I also recommend sending it to the school district personnel office, so it can be in her permanent file. School districts love these letters if a teacher does not have tenure.

That's a great idea. Send it to the principal too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN