Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What to do?

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 4:07 PM
  • 5 Replies

So this is the second time my dd8 has stolen money from  purse. This time it was $20 and she purchased a few items with the money. What should her consequence be and should she keep the items after her consequence is done?

by on May. 3, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
aj23
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 4:22 PM
If it were my child she would lose anything that was purchased and would be given a choice to sell something she owns in order to pay back the money or be required to work it off somehow in order to pay it back. Then there would be a punishment for stealing it. Most likely she would be grounded and lose all privileges such as tv and computer for at least a week for the first offense and be required to write a letter of apology.
I can not stand thieves and I would be highly ticked if my child tried being one.
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 4:23 PM

No keeping the items.  They would be forfeit to me if she used stolen money.   Also I would be having her do alot more chores around the house to pay back the money unless she has an allowance that would be lost for a few weeks.

ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 5:36 PM

She should return the items to where she purchased them.  I would also punish the stealing act by taking away all electronics, cancelling activities, or taking away whatever her "currency" is.

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 4, 2013 at 6:14 PM

I would ground my child for stealing, discuss the consequence if she continues to steal, and I would return the items or make her "work off" the amount of the items through chores.

GotSomeKids
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Make her take it back to the store, give you the money back and then ground her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)