Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

t.v at bed-time

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:39 PM
  • 55 Replies
when your l.os go to bed do you let them watch t.v? during the school week or weekends?
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 3, 2013 at 9:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Nope.  It takes several hours for our brain to fully turn off after watching tv so no tv in the evenings for my kids.

jillbailey26
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:56 PM

On Fridays, they can watch for a while.  On Saturdays they watch for an hour and it goes off.  Any other day, no TV at bedtime.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll be the odd man out, lol.

Yes, our children are allowed to watch television before bed and all have television/cable/netflix in their bedrooms.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

bellawomen
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:59 PM
No. My son is in bed at 7:30, can read until 8:30, but has radio until 8:45.

We just started extending his reading time because he was getting up at 4 am. It used to be lights out at 7:30 and radio until 7:45.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

No, my boys don't have tvs in their bedrooms and as long as they live in my house, they won't.  I don't have a tv in my bedroom either.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:27 PM

We have a tv available for bedtime and usually i will put on baby einstein classical music dvd.  We are borrowing Shelley Duvall bedtime stories from library right now.

JulesFairy
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:57 PM
My girls move to the guest room on friday and saturday nights so long as we have nothing scheduled early for the next morning. In the guest room they get to watch one show on a dvd. After that lights out. Any other night is three books then lights out.
JanuaryBaby06
by on May. 3, 2013 at 11:07 PM

No, the TV is usually off in my house and we dont do tvs in bedrooms.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on May. 3, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Yes, and yes they have tv's in their bedrooms.

annelauer
by on May. 3, 2013 at 11:16 PM
No. We don't have TV in our house at all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)