Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Wasn't his fault so don't threaten him!

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:51 AM
  • 19 Replies

My DS (Just turned 8) was out side playing with his kiddie pool (ankle deep on me) I was  right there so that is not it....The neighbour had his grandson (I think about 16 months out there) My son had a different neighbours dog on his lap and the dog got scared and jumped down accidently knocking the little one on his bum...no tears no hurt...the grandpa goes to my ds (watch it or I will dunk your head to teach you a lesson) I turned to him "Accidents happen but do NOT threten my son" He just huffed at me picked up his grandson who them started screaming "nooooo ool ool" (ool seems to be pool) he then turned to me "See you upset him" LIKE WTF...I know the baby is young...my son did not do this on purpose...

Just needed a little vent...bash at my spelling and grammar all you want...I am horrible at both!

by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah I think grandpa over reacted at the situation.  I think the toddler would take it in stride he was accidentlly knocked down.   DD was knocked down at that age by an irish wolfhound's tail. She thought it was hilarious.

Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Quoting frndlyfn:

Yeah I think grandpa over reacted at the situation.  I think the toddler would take it in stride he was accidentlly knocked down.   DD was knocked down at that age by an irish wolfhound's tail. She thought it was hilariouI

I know...the kid was not upset...wasnt the dogs fault or my son...and this dog is a small thing...cant remember the bred right now but it kinda looks like a german shepard that just refused to grow up

keljo05
by on May. 5, 2013 at 7:08 AM
You were outside with your son...and YOUR SONS pool.....and an accident happened.... that grandfather was way out of line. Hope the little ones parents see it the right way and let him know that as well.
mommyangel0102
by on May. 5, 2013 at 7:51 AM

You did the right thing.  Your son is yours to protect and that man shouldn't have threaten to do anything to him.  He was the one not paying attention to his grandson.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I honestly wouldn't let grandpa and his grandson use your kiddie pool any longer.  If grandpa doesn't know how to act around other children, then he wouldn't be around my child.

AnGLInterrupted
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 9:50 AM

It takes all kinds of crazy to make this world go 'round.  Just ignore him.  :\

LadyAmaranth
by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Ya slight overreaction by grandpa. Id have said pretty much the same thing.

Newfie_Mom
by on May. 5, 2013 at 3:11 PM
That's a shame for his grandson I bet he was having fun in the pool. And so sad your LO even had to hear those words
KristenFowles
by on May. 5, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Grandpa needs a nap.
DrDoofenshmirtz
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Wow!  Threatening to dunk another person's young child?  What an ass!  Definitely not your LOs fault.  Even if it were, disciplining is your job and it sounds like he jumped right into laying into your son.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)