Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Who did you name your kids after?

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:44 AM
  • 63 Replies

Did you name your kids after anyone? If so who?

by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reina13
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I wasn't named after anyone.

My kids were given the names of saints as per Catholic tradition.

My husband was named after his father.

These are fun though: My bestfriend was named Michelle after the Beattles song. She named her daughters Lea and Makaela, after Princess Lea from Star Wars and Megan Fox's character Makaela in the Transformers movie..lol

diaperstodating
by Angel on May. 7, 2013 at 10:50 AM
My oldest three sons have names of Prophets in The Bible. My oldest son is IV named after his father, and grandfather.
chcon
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 10:52 AM
X-men and family. :)

Our oldest's middle name is Jean - my grandmother's name and Jean Grey.

Our second oldest's first name is Logan (Wolverine).

Our third is Ian Charles (Ian is the actor who plays Magneto and Charles is Professor X and his grandfather's name).

Our fourth's middle name is Marie (Rogue and my mother's middle name).

So nothing too obvious, but they're in there.
Rosebud27aj
by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Their first names no one....their middle names my brother with my first ds and my uncle who passed with my second ds.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Great men in history

William Thomas Jonathan Jackson ( William for his father, rest civil war general)

James Stuart ( civil war general)

Robert Edward Lee ( civil war general)

Df is running out of names we both agree on
KayDziedzic
by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:00 AM

The Nightmare Before Christmas's Jack Skellington; my sister's imaginary child name that she would always name her imaginary daughter when she played house (Riley, used with my sister's permission and at her suggestion); Lewis Carrol's and Stephanie Meyers' female characters (Alice). Jack and Alice have DH's and my middle names as defaults (Michael and Marie).

Riley's middle name is Evelyn. There's a cute story behind this one. Originally, I'd wanted to name her Evelyn but DH wasn't crazy about it (okay, he flat out refused to name her that). We agreed that the classic, feminine feel of Evelyn balanced out the modern, gender-neutral-to-boyish feel of Riley. I fell in love with the name after my 80+ year old grandfather told me his new girlfriend's name-- Evelyn. It just sounded so pretty to me. She passed away about a year after Riley was born, within 3 months of being diagnosed with aggressive, untreatable brain cancer. She was a beautiful person who had lived a very hard life and was a genuinely good, kind person. I hadn't intended to make my daughter this lovely woman's namesake, but it means/meant a lot to both my grandpa and his lady friend, and I love the pleasant memories and the great qualities this name invokes for my family :)

jen113000
by Jenna on May. 7, 2013 at 11:13 AM

My kids first names are not after anyone in the family. Middle names are after my husband and my husbands father.

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 7, 2013 at 11:26 AM

We chose a name that originated from the UK, since that's where the majority of mine and my husband's heritage is from. It wasn't after anyone, per se. If we named him after my husband's family, he would have become a III. (It drives me nuts that my husband is a Jr, so I couldn't do that to my son.) We didn't want that. I don't care that much for the common male name on my side of the family.

My husband suggested our son's middle name, and it's a unique name from nature. Also, not a family name. I like it a lot, so I hope it becomes a tradition down the line.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Ds is a Jr
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Their first names are from Old Testiment Saints, and their middle names are after family members whose names also happen to be in the Old Testiment.  Yes, my children have VERY traditional names.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)