Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your kids school still have field day?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:43 AM
  • 80 Replies

I was just wondering if your childs school still had field day.

We received our field day information sheet on Monday. Half of the school will have it during the morning hours and the other half will have it during the afternoon.

I remember when it was an all day event that the kids looked forward too. Now it seems like a water down version of what it used to be.

by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Ours does.  I don't know how long it is though.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

liveforever
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Our district still does. DD is so excited for it. Its a half day event here also. It was the same when I was in school.

deltadawn1975
by Melissa Dawn on May. 8, 2013 at 9:49 AM
My dd will be having field day and it is an all day thing starting at 8 am they will break for lunch then go back out and play. It will be on a Friday May 24th

pink ribbonIn honor of my mom who is a survivor

HaileysMom07180
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:50 AM

they did last year but they switched to a magnet school this year so i don't know

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 8, 2013 at 9:54 AM

My son's school does. It's still a huge event to my son because he loves sports. The older grades help run the field day for the younger kids. So it's a full day event for the older grades, and it's only in the morning for the younger grades.

mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Yes. Friday before memorial day.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Yep the 21st. It has always been half day here. Y sons is from 12:15-2:30
huskermom98
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Yes--sometime this month.  Our school has it split up over a couple of days because we are a very landlocked school and don't have a lot of outdoor space.  Only two grades (3-4 classrooms for each grade) have a half-day field day at a time.

diaperstodating
by Angel on May. 8, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Yes. Morning - Kindergarten, First Grade, Second Grade and Afternoon: Third Grade, Fourth Grade, Fifth Grade.
LoveMyKBabies
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Yes. It was supposed to be today, but got moved to the 15th because of the weather.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)