Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Summer Schedules

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 11:49 AM
  • 31 Replies

Does anyone have a summer schedule for their kiddos? If so, what does your typical schedule look like? I am in school and do not get a summer break and am dreading this summer with all the kids home. I am looking for ideas on how to create a successful schedule that myself and the kids will stick to. Thanks in advance for any advice/input. I do have a 4 month old so a schedule may or may not work as she is a little dictator in the home, but I'd at least like to give it a try. 

by on May. 9, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Not yet.   DD is 7 so we will most likely sleep in a few times and just hang around the house.  She does not get out until June 19th so i have a bit to figure it out.

kLynch315
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

The only thing I have so far is that we will have an hour of quiet time everyday. What they do with that hour is up to them, but I'd prefer if they did some reading. I've got a little artist in the home so she would likely use her quiet time for drawing. 

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 1:40 PM
No. We do not do good on schedules, they stress us out mire then help
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Between hubby being in red phase of the rotation so not hone, and school, and all 3 kids? Yikes
minimo77
by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Well if your in school the kids will be in daycare then or daycamp? I'm sure that alone will create a schedule in itself, having to get up and take them there etc.

kLynch315
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 1:59 PM

No, I do online school right now. -.-

Quoting minimo77:

Well if your in school the kids will be in daycare then or daycamp? I'm sure that alone will create a schedule in itself, having to get up and take them there etc.

aetrom
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 2:38 PM
We always have a lowkey morning till breakfast and then an hour of schooltype work after.... Then i throw in a special project once or twice a week (i try to cover art, science in that time.) then we have quiet time... And exploring or outdoor time...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HLmom89
by on May. 9, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Well my summer schedule will be the same almost. But this is my first year cutting naps out and summer school for my oldest son to prepare him for kindergarten, and during this time we are also getting ready for a new baby boy due in september right when my oldest son starts school for the year.

But right now this is what i know is going on starting in june 10. Wake up by 7am, get breakfast, and both my kids up for summer school and get there by 8am. Then not sure what my 2.5year old and i will do but i know we might visit daddy at work once during the week. Get my older son from summer school at 12pm. And then have lunch( in his case snack) and by 1pm get my 2.5 year old down for nap along with my older son as we plan on cutting his naps out in august maybe end of july.

Also i know we will also be finshing rearranging the house for the new baby, and i will be setting his room up hoepfully by july and cleaning his clothes and putting them away in august, wash bottles in the end of 3rd week of augsut and his bedset the second week of august and one good clean last week of august.
SP_Mama
by on May. 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't really have a schedule but we look up local events our libraries have and try to make about 2 of those a week.  We also bought them workbooks for the grade they will be entering next school year, and they'll work on those too.

After lunch, if we are home, there is a quiet time of an hour which they spend in their rooms either reading, watching TV, or playing. 

We also live close to a park, so as long as it's not too hot we visit there quite a bit, too.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 3:07 PM

We don't have a schedule, other than no sleeping later than 10 a.m. and bedtime at 10 p.m.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)