Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

My DD just turned 6 and has a bit of a weight problem. I've been working hard with her pediatrician, and we've made huge progress in 2 months. She's getting back to where she should be with a few changes we've made at home. Her daycare provider is aware as I had her keep a food diary for a week for me so we could try to pin point the problem areas. The owner has asked how DD has been doing, so she's aware it's been an ongoing process and we've made a lot of positive progress.

The problem is the daycare place is sending one of the helpers to pick up fast food through a drive through for the adults. This has been happening when they pick my DD up from kindergarten, so she's in the back seat when they hit the drive through.

Would you have a problem with this? Apparently the grown ups do this frequently. I really don't care what the adults eat, but I have mixed feelings about them taking my kid with them through the driive through and feel it sends a mixed message, especially to a kid who already has a weight problem.

by on May. 9, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Replies (21-28):
jeweldragons
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:07 AM

No it wouldn't bother me.

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 13, 2013 at 12:29 PM

My son went to daycare for many years, and none ever drove my son around. Too many liability reasons. When he went to before and after school care, the school bus did the driving.

I would have issues with the workers making personal stops while transporting kids. I would find it rude for them to be purchasing food in front of kids that aren't having some too, but that is just part of life sometimes. I agree with the comments that the personal errand during a work responsibility errand is what would bother me more.

LucyHarper
by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I wouldn't have a problem with it as long as they aren't getting fast food for my child. Kids can understand that certain things aren't good for them, some people still eat them though, they don't need to be shielded from the presence of unhealthy food in order to learn how to eat healthy.

dtm1491
by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:34 PM
I wouldn't . They have the right to.
babynurse244
by Beth on May. 13, 2013 at 12:50 PM
I disagree. When they're "working" they do not have the right to do personal errands. I do critical care transport of OB patients. If I asked the ambulance drivers to hit a drive through with a patient in the ambulance, I'd be fired. Drop my kid off and I don't care what you do.

Quoting dtm1491:

dtm1491
by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:59 PM
I am assuming they were on break. I reread the post and saw it was a helper going through drive through. I still don't think I would make a big deal. Idk. Just me.

Quoting babynurse244:

I disagree. When they're "working" they do not have the right to do personal errands. I do critical care transport of OB patients. If I asked the ambulance drivers to hit a drive through with a patient in the ambulance, I'd be fired. Drop my kid off and I don't care what you do.

Quoting dtm1491:

babynurse244
by Beth on May. 13, 2013 at 1:12 PM
They should never be "on break" with a child they are responsible for. There are enough people who work there that they shouldn't be taking the kids on personal errands.

Quoting dtm1491:

I am assuming they were on break. I reread the post and saw it was a helper going through drive through. I still don't think I would make a big deal. Idk. Just me.

Quoting babynurse244:

Quoting dtm1491:

dtm1491
by on May. 13, 2013 at 1:39 PM
All they are doing is picking up lunch OMG

Quoting babynurse244:

They should never be "on break" with a child they are responsible for. There are enough people who work there that they shouldn't be taking the kids on personal errands.

Quoting dtm1491:

Quoting babynurse244:

Quoting dtm1491:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN