Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

eraser burns..?

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 6:01 PM
  • 24 Replies
The principal sent an email out today asking parents to talk about the cinnamon challenge and eraser burns with our kids ..
apparently kids are rubbing their skin with an eraser to break the skin then possibly putting hand Sanitizer on it??? Wtf??? Anyone heard of this?? Supposedly it's on YouTube and that's where their getting the idea!
by on May. 10, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

This has been going on for DECADES.  It was a fad when I was a kid too.  It leaves scars so talk to your kids.

Cindy18
by Cruella on May. 10, 2013 at 6:07 PM

My son did this last year. Now he has a scar. IDK about putting sanitizer on it? 

Peachy34500
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 6:07 PM
I never heard of it before.. I did talk to my DD.. she is on 1st grade but I still made her aware

Quoting mjande4:

This has been going on for DECADES.  It was a fad when I was a kid too.  It leaves scars so talk to your kids.

Peachy34500
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 6:08 PM
That's what it said in the letter.. I have no idea tho

Quoting Cindy18:

My son did this last year. Now he has a scar. IDK about putting sanitizer on it? 

mjande4
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 6:08 PM

It tends to be a tween thing, but that doesn't mean that younger kids won't do it too.

Quoting Peachy34500:

I never heard of it before.. I did talk to my DD.. she is on 1st grade but I still made her aware

Quoting mjande4:

Cindy18
by Cruella on May. 10, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Yep, last year my son was in the 7th grade. He hide it from me until it was just a scar. 

BUT one of friends did it too, a lot I guess, the school thought the kid was cutting so they sent him to the counselor and called his parents and everything.

Quoting mjande4:

It tends to be a tween thing, but that doesn't mean that younger kids won't do it too.

Quoting Peachy34500:

Quoting mjande4:

kameka
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 6:15 PM
I did the eraser thing in middle school. It's a test of will kind of thing. It's stupid but not nearly as bad as some of the ridiculousness they do now.
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 6:45 PM
I've never heard of either
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Haha i did that in school!! Not the sanatizer though. Its old but still happebing
MamaAjax
by on May. 10, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Yes... I use to do this out of boredom when I was in Jr. High...It's kind of bad and got me put into a Childrens' Psych Ward...several times.

Like to add. I was also a self mutilator as a child so... >.> mine wasn't "because the other kids were doing it."

Mama Ajax @ Blogger

Just a little bit my life experiences.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)