Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Can't belive my neighbour did this!

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 3:30 AM
  • 18 Replies

My son (8) went to a friends house to play...completly normal...I went to pick him up (same town house complex) Couldnt get passed the gate...their neighbour says "oh they went out" I shook my head "No my sons shoes are there same with the other boys" Neighbour replies "Oh just the mom and girls" WTF??? That means this mom left my son, her 7 year old and 5 year old HOME ALONE! And I cant get passed the gate! I am very short so I raced home to get my neighbour that is taller to unlock the gate....

Yep they are home alone...my neighbour called the cops they came talked to me and her and then the mom...

I was panicking...like what if there was a fire....its one thing to leave your own kids alone but to leave someone elses?????

by on May. 11, 2013 at 3:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2013 at 3:35 AM

What are the laws there concerning this?  I would be upset regardless since I would be under the impression that they are being superfised there.  What type of gate could you not get past?  Was it a chain link or wood?

Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 3:36 AM

Quoting frndlyfn:

What are the laws there concerning this?  I would be upset regardless since I would be under the impression that they are being superfised there.  What type of gate could you not get past?  Was it a chain link or wood?

wood...I just couldnt get it unlocked then it had something pushed against it.

corrinacs
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:17 AM
2 moms liked this

I can't believe that in a million years. I'd have a serious talk with that parent and I'm glad youcalled the cops!

If she wants to leave her older kids home alone....she can go for it as far as Im' concerned, but leaving my children in teh mix, I don't care how old, that's just irresponsible!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Yikes, what did the cop say?
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on May. 11, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow!  That is scary and very irresponsible, especially when you involve a child who isn't your own.

Dngordon92
by on May. 11, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Wow I can't believe she did that! I am glad that the children were alright!

k1kelley
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 10:36 AM
2 moms liked this

That's sad. I'd be super mad and would of called the cops too. Glad the boys are alright.

soymujer
by Mikki on May. 11, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I would never do that.  We only leave our kids home alone when they are of age and never when they have friends over.  I would be pissed.

family in the van   Mom of four

KRIZZ25
the world is so messed up these days .babies getting killed.kids changing themselves ,kids getting shot at school, teenager dancing so nasty,homeless without food but ppl get bashed for having food stamps.and it goes on and on..its so sad my kids and great nephew have to grow up in this world.
Yesterday at 12:31 AM
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 12:40 PM
WTH??IF THY HAD SOME PLACE TO GO THY SHOULD HAVE CALLED U.
sunflower37
by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:42 PM

That's terrible. I am glad the children were safe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)