Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Are yearbooks really necessary?

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:20 AM
  • 98 Replies

I just received an email reminder that yearbooks are in.

Personally, I think it is kind of silly to have yearbooks at the elementary level my my kids have always wanted them, so I've always bought them. I remember when the only momentos of grade school was your class pictures. 

Does your kids school have yearbooks? Do you buy them?

by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rosebud27aj
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Elementary school? Never heard of that...we only had it in high school. My kids are in kindergarten and preschool so no yearbooks yet.

jillbailey26
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:24 AM

I did for Kindergarten for my boys and I will for Kindergarten for my girl.  Then I'll probably do one middle school for each of them.  Then high school.  

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

SahmTam
by Tammy on May. 13, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Our school does have them, but I've never purchased one. If one kid got a yearbook they would all want them, and with a million other things I need to send in money for at the end of the year we just can't.

I might have to next year, though LOL- I signed up to be on the yearbook committee as an editor!

mjande4
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes and actually I would much rather buy them in elementary when they are cheap and my kid knows everyone in his class.

JulesFairy
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Yep. Only our editing company screwed up so my lids wont get theirs until next year. It makes me sad her kindergarten yearbook wont have any littld signatures all in it. That was sorta the point in buying it.
Babymama7710
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:28 AM

My kindergartner got a yr book but she won't get it till the last day of school we will get for one for kinder,8thgrade,and 12th grade

momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Yep, we bought one for dd to commemorate her first year of brick and mortar school this year. Her school is K-8 and they do one for the entire school. Theirs doesn't come in until the following school year though so the signature part doesn't really happen.

CatFishMom
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:29 AM

I did when I was little. I enjoy looking at them, even now, and showing them to my boys. My older one understands and gets a kick out of seeing Mommy when she was little. Theyre memories.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 8:29 AM

For elementary, no.

JanuaryBaby06
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:34 AM

The schools here are k -8 then 9 -12. I buy the class picture each year, then in 8th grade I will offer to buy the yearbook if they want it, 12th grade I will be buying a yearbook, nto so much for 9th, 10th, or 11th.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN