Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do enjoy having your kids home during the summer?

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:55 AM
  • 44 Replies

Do you enjoy having your kids home for the summer? Or do you start the countdown to back to school within the first couple weeks they are home?

How far into the summer before they start to drive you crazy?

by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I do enjoy it. We have a full calendar already! We are leaving for FL on the 31st and won't be back until the 12th.. my oldest is staying until the 19th. The kids are in a wedding on the 21st and we ( the kids and myself) are headed back down to FL until July 2nd. We'll be home until the 12th for VBS and then back to FL the 13th-25th. We will shop for school, have a dental appt for my oldest, open house, YDD's birthday and then school starts on the 5th of August. I love it because we pretty much spend all summer at my mom and IL's homes in FL. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

endurablemist
by Crystal on May. 16, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Mist of the time I love it, I really miss seeing them, sometimes I don't see them except an hour or so a day, between school and work, I'm sure by mid-july I might change my mind lol.
wakymom
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 9:01 AM

It's a love/hate relationship : )

They tend to be better behaved when we're camping. Usually about mid-end of July, I start the "How much longer until school starts?"

May is STURGE-WEBER

Awareness Month

momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Well, ds is home with me regardless and dd was until October of this school year so I miss her. We have a jam packed Summer coming up. It's going to move really fast and she'll be back in school before I know it. Ds will be schooling at home due to medical issues. 

jaytee
by Jen on May. 16, 2013 at 9:32 AM
I love it until about a month before school is going to start.

This summer is going to be enjoyed as much as possible. My youngest is going in to kindergarten and I'm not ready!
jaytee
by Jen on May. 16, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Mine are better behaved when camping too.

Quoting wakymom:

They tend to be better behaved when we're camping. Usually about mid-end of July, I start the "How much longer until school starts?"

wakymom
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 9:35 AM

It must be the change of scenery : )

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting wakymom:

May is STURGE-WEBER

Awareness Month

MeridaMomma4
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 9:37 AM
I love it until about 2 weeks before school starts then I am ready to send them off again :)
jaytee
by Jen on May. 16, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Must be! I think it's less stressful for me too because there's not nearly as much stuff to worry about while camping!

Quoting wakymom:

It must be the change of scenery : )

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting wakymom:

dtm1491
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I do. I kind of wish she wasn't going to the YMCA this year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)