Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Cameras on buses *UPDATE*

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:01 AM
  • 80 Replies

For those of you who have kids that ride the bus. Does your district have cameras on the buses? And what do you think about having them on the bus?

Well, I was able to find out that they do have cameras on the buses thankfully. I wonder now though (didn't think to ask) (guess that will be another call) if it has voice recording with that? I have personally heard inappropriate things come out of not only the kids but the bus driver himself. The kids are unruly on that bus. And he is yelling and I mean yelling at them to shut up over his speaker. When I can hear all the crap 2 blocks away then something is out of control. It's just not a safe situation. The kids are yelling, he's yelling....jeeze. Something needs to give.

by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luv.my.kids.365
by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:03 AM
5 moms liked this

Yes. ANd I am all for it. All the instances of bullying and crazy parents... I want the proof.

lacyd75
by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I  agree. When we lived in PA they had them on my dd bus. Here where we live in NM I don't think they do. I intend on finding out today. Lately there has been a bunch of b.s going on and there have been complaints made. So i'm gonna guess they don't have them here or the bus driver wouldn't be pulling the crap they are nor would some of the kids on the bus be doing what they are.

Quoting luv.my.kids.365:

Yes. ANd I am all for it. All the instances of bullying and crazy parents... I want the proof.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes they do, and I think it's a good idea. The driver needs to pay attention to the road not who's doing what to who.

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 17, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Yes, they have it on the buses. I can completely understand why they do, and I'm supportive of it.

momofjkkc
by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:25 PM
I'm not sure. I fully support them having cameras! One of the elementary schools I went to picked up two schools on the same route. Our school kept getting blamed and punished for the other schools bad behavior.
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Im not sure, but i love the idea!
wonderstruck11
by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:32 PM
I had cameras on my bus when I was in school. It helped alot when fights broke out.
poshkat
by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:37 PM
I'm not sure about the inside but they are working on putting them on the drivers side mirrors due to people cutting off the busses lately
mamadee1971
by Dionne on May. 17, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Yup...there are cameras and voice recordings on all of the school buses and it's suppose to be mandatory to have them on at all times, when the buses are in operation.  Not only, in case of unruly kids and crazy parents, but also in case of road accidents or the bus driver gets out of line.  

I'm all for cameras on buses. 

Pukalani79
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Our district does have them on the buses.  I think it's a great idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)