Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Birthday parties.

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 6:25 PM
  • 4 Replies
My son is having his birthday party at the planetarium, so we will have a really strict guest limit. He is inviting all of the kids in his class, 11 in total. My question is, because of the limit set by the location, how do I politely tell the parents that siblings are not included in the invite? I don't want to sound terrible but, we need to save room for our extended family members too. Thank you in advance!
by on May. 19, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
minimo77
by on May. 19, 2013 at 6:41 PM

I would hope people would know enough not to bring siblings along to a place like that that obviously charges per person.(sorry, it irkes me that people try to add in siblings and get mad when they arnt welcome) But to ensure this dosnt happen you could write  in the invite " Due to space restraints with this location, we cannot have siblings attend, thank you" or something like that.

Rebecca7708
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 6:52 PM
I'm hoping the same thing but, you know how people can be. I was thinking about adding a small note saying, "Due to limited space, please RSVP for your child as soon as possible". Maybe they'd catch on and only bring the invited child?

Quoting minimo77:

I would hope people would know enough not to bring siblings along to a place like that that obviously charges per person.(sorry, it irkes me that people try to add in siblings and get mad when they arnt welcome) But to ensure this dosnt happen you could write  in the invite " Due to space restraints with this location, we cannot have siblings attend, thank you" or something like that.

minimo77
by on May. 19, 2013 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

That should work! ( i hope! lol) Good luck, that sounds like a fun birthday!

Quoting Rebecca7708:

I'm hoping the same thing but, you know how people can be. I was thinking about adding a small note saying, "Due to limited space, please RSVP for your child as soon as possible". Maybe they'd catch on and only bring the invited child?

Quoting minimo77:

aetrom
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:38 AM
I would just say "sorry, no siblings allowed"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN