Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Kitchen Talk for May 20th

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 6:36 AM
  • 16 Replies

Do you like Meatloaf? Does your family like it? What is your favorite meatloaf recipe?

~~CINDY

by on May. 20, 2013 at 6:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TroyboysMom
by on May. 20, 2013 at 6:47 AM

Yes, I like it, and so does my family. We make it a couple different ways - meatloaf with pancetta, meatloaf cups, cheese stuffed meatloaf - all kinds of ways. 

Typically I use:

1 lb. of ground beef

1 lb. sweet Italian sausage

1 box cornbread stuffing (and the amount of water directed on the package)

a good handful of shredded carrots

a good handful (or more) of diced mushrooms

a good handful of diced broccoli

a good handful of celery

If we're stuffing with cheese, a couple handfuls of shredded cheese, or three cubes per meatloaf cup (I usually only make it stuffed when I'm making cups).

endurablemist
by on May. 20, 2013 at 7:18 AM
My family doesn't like it, well my 2 year will eat anything. I usually make it loaf style if my nephew us here too, I prefer mini meat loaves. I just chop up onions and peppers. Mix it in the meat with a little ketchup, an egg and breadcrumbs.
wakymom
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 7:25 AM

I do like it. The kids aren't quite as enthusiastic about it, though. Dh has made a cheesy one that we all liked, and one w/ green peppers in it that didn't go over as well (he used too many peppers). I prefer the recipe in my Friends cookbook. I'll try to remember to post it later when I have more time.

May is STURGE-WEBER

Awareness Month

ModaMama
by on May. 20, 2013 at 8:22 AM

I don't mind it, but the man of the house hates it so I don't make it. :) His mother made it weekly when he was growing up so he doesn't want anything to do with it as an adult.

angelyuna20
by on May. 20, 2013 at 8:48 AM

we like meatloaf but haven't had it in a while. we make ours with ground turkey

jaytee
by Jen on May. 20, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Meatloaf is a favorite in our home! I use two pounds ground beef, one pound ground pork, 3 eggs, 1/2 an onion diced, ketchup, Italian seasoned bread crumbs and McCormick meatloaf seasoning packet. Mmm

WillsMOM72
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 8:54 AM
My hubby likes it and I can eat it but its not a fav. Haven't made it in a while.
Cindy18
by Cruella on May. 20, 2013 at 8:54 AM

This Meatloaf was GREAT!!! I made it last night.

Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf

1 pk. bacon, cooked & crumbled

1/3 C. ketchup

1 lb ground beef chuck

1 (8oz) pk. shredded cheese

2 eggs

1/4 C. dry bread crumbs

1/4 C. mayo

1 T. Worcestershire sauce

1/4 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

1 (3oz) can french fried onions

Preheat oven to 350. Mix ketchup and mustard in small bowl. Combine 1/4 of the ketchup mixture and all ingredients EXCEPT french fried onions. Mix very well. Shape into a loaf and place in a casserole or loaf pan. Top with the remaining ketchup mixture. Bake for 45 minutes. Spread french fried onions over the top and bake another 10- 15 minutes. After removing from the oven, let stand for 10 minutes before serving. 

~~CINDY

Cindy18
by Cruella on May. 20, 2013 at 9:07 AM

This is a family favorite!

Turkey & Sausage Meatloaf

1 lb ground turkey

1 lb. turkey Italian sausage, removed from the casings

1 C. shredded carrot

1 onion, finely chopped

1 C. bread crumbs

1 egg

1/3 C. milk

1/4 C. chopped parsley

Topping

1/3 C. ketchup

1 T. brown sugar

1/2 tsp. dry mustard

Preheat oven 350. Mix first 8 ingredients thoroughly. Shape into a loaf and put into baking pan. Mix "Topping" ingredients in smal bowl. Pour over loaf. Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour. Allow meatloaf to rest for 10 minutes once removed from the oven. 

~~CINDY

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 20, 2013 at 10:56 AM

We all like meatloaf. Usually my husband makes it, so I have no idea what the recipe is. Sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)