Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Protein in the lunch box?

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this
Looking for some kid friendly, tasty, good protein sources to put in my 8yo's lunch box. She's peanut free. Everything i pack her is loaded with sugar - yogurt, applesauce, fruit... i really want to cut her sugar intake way down and up her protein. What do u pack? Have any high protein lunch box recipes to share?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

CHEESE STICKS, Boiled eggs whether it be plain or in a salad form,   Tuna, boiled chicken etc.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2013 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

sunbutter sandwichs tastes just like p'nut butter.

veganistic
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Tofu, beans, some other veggies have protein as well.

soymujer
by Mikki on May. 22, 2013 at 5:01 PM

My kids will pack a sandwich, chips, yogurt or fruit cups and a drink.  They didn't pack any lunches this last year due to us being on free lunches.  This coming year we'll have to pay so they will be taking their lunches.  My youngest likes pbj.  Here's a bump for you.

family in the van   Mom of four

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Tofu is very bad for children because it is made from soy and is recommended not to give ANY soy to growing children. 

Quoting frndlyfn:

Tofu, beans, some other veggies have protein as well.

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 22, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Are you looking for vegan proteins? Is that a factor? I'm just wondering based on your screen name.

annelauer
by on May. 22, 2013 at 9:05 PM
I would guess not vegan because she mentioned yogurt. I can't say for sure though...

Quoting Barabell:Are you looking for vegan proteins? Is that a factor? I'm just wondering based on your screen name.
annelauer
by on May. 22, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Our daughter often takes lentils. And I don't know if all nuts are problematic, but if not almonds or pecans can be a yummy treat. Even dinner protein leftovers in a thermal container work just fine. Quinoa is another our daughter takes. And if you do eat soy products, edamame is handy finger food.
Barabell
by Barbara on May. 22, 2013 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I was confused over that too, so that's why I decided to ask!! LOL

The suggestions would be really different depending on whether if she's looking for vegan or vegetarian or omnivore protein suggestions.

Quoting annelauer:

I would guess not vegan because she mentioned yogurt. I can't say for sure though...

Quoting Barabell:Are you looking for vegan proteins? Is that a factor? I'm just wondering based on your screen name.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN