Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Why can't they just following his F&%KING IEP!

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:55 PM
  • 55 Replies

I am so tired of my son's school. He has high-functioning autism and has a very basic IEP. All year long, they have been violating the IEP. It seems like several times a week, I am at that damn school, straightening things out. It's to the point I can't get anything else done and I'm starting to get upset about it. 

Today, my son comes home and says that the afternoon aide he shares with another little boy in his class was absent, and the school didn't have a sub. Major violation, because without the aide, he also didn't get his afternoon sensory break. 

There is only two weeks left of school, but I'm not letting this go. I'm so tired of it that it's not even funny. 

Does anyone else have to deal with this? 

by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soymujer
by Mikki on May. 22, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry I haven't.  However, have you talked to the principal?  The superintendent?  Take it up as high as you have to.  Is there a SPED director?

family in the van   Mom of four

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Not yet TG.  DD has a great support team for her IEP and i keep in contact with her teacher to make sure everything is going as planned there.

cjsbmom
by on May. 22, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Quoting soymujer:

Sorry I haven't.  However, have you talked to the principal?  The superintendent?  Take it up as high as you have to.  Is there a SPED director?

The principal is the biggest moron of them all. We didn't have a sped director for awhile, as the old one resigned. Just got a new one. I'll be calling him tomorrow. 

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2013 at 5:07 PM

TG for the school year being almost over.

SummersMom06
by New Member on May. 22, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I have a daughter with a IEP but  I havent had any problems this year. I would definetely address the issue though.

cjsbmom
by on May. 22, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I just talked to the mom whose son shares an aide with mine. She's upset, too. We're both going to call tomorrow,and we're also calling the special ed director. 

deadlights86
by on May. 22, 2013 at 5:24 PM

My ds school totally gave up on him. This year they pretty much just let him do whatever he wanted to keep him quiet. He's going to a special school for special needs kids starting next tuesday. He will have half day group therapy over the summer and full day therapy and class starting august. I'm a bit scared for him though the school is pretty far away I want to go with him the first day but because its goes through our medical card me seeing the other kids would violate hippa.

cjsbmom
by on May. 22, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Quoting deadlights86:

My ds school totally gave up on him. This year they pretty much just let him do whatever he wanted to keep him quiet. He's going to a special school for special needs kids starting next tuesday. He will have half day group therapy over the summer and full day therapy and class starting august. I'm a bit scared for him though the school is pretty far away I want to go with him the first day but because its goes through our medical card me seeing the other kids would violate hippa.

I'm about ready to homeschool, that's how disgusted I've become. It'd mean I'd have to quit working, though, because homeschooling a special needs child is a full time job. 

deadlights86
by on May. 22, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting deadlights86:

I'm about ready to homeschool, that's how disgusted I've become. It'd mean I'd have to quit working, though, because homeschooling a special needs child is a full time job. 

Can you move him to another school?

HaileysMom07180
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2013 at 6:25 PM

yes dd's teacher is aweful.  she has violated dd's iep several times and it seems like speaking to the principal doesn't do any good.  she is switching schools next year and i can't wait for this school year to be over with.  only a week and a half left

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN