Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

proper punishment

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 6:12 PM
  • 12 Replies

My 6 year old son threw a chair at another boy in class today. The principal gave me the option of keeping him home tomorrow with an excused absent or a  formal suspension to go on his record. He has been acting up a lot in class lately and I am about to give him an old fashion whoop-in like I used to get with the belt. Couple times with the belt I started acting right. Now a days its child abuse. He is missing the field trip tomorrow and is cleaning the entire house. Any other ideas?

by on May. 23, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DrDoofenshmirtz
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, a note of apology is definitely warranted.

mommi128
by on May. 23, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Yes he is doing that after his HW is finished.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2013 at 6:24 PM

I think that is enough for now.  Did you opt for excused absence or suspension?  Has he shown remorse for his actions or acting like it is no big deal to be that aggressive towards others?  If he has any special privileges, i would put those on suspension for 3 days as well.

mommi128
by on May. 23, 2013 at 6:33 PM

I am keeping him home. He has no remorse about it yet just upset he is going to miss the field trip tomorrow.

jcampbell288
by on May. 23, 2013 at 6:37 PM
2 moms liked this

he is not allowed to sit on ANYTHING! no couch, chairs, beanbags! he gets to sit on the floor or stand. the only exceptions being bedtime,- like actually sleeping, he cant just sit on his bed,  and dinner- at the table

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Quoting jcampbell288:

he is not allowed to sit on ANYTHING! no couch, chairs, beanbags! he gets to sit on the floor or stand. the only exceptions being bedtime,- like actually sleeping, he cant just sit on his bed,  and dinner- at the table

That actually fits this "crime"perfectly . Since he abused the privilege of chairs , he can lose the privilege at home of sitting on one. I would not allow use of pillows or blanket on floor either for cushioning.
jcampbell288
by on May. 23, 2013 at 6:48 PM

exactly my thinking! do this

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting jcampbell288:

That actually fits this "crime"perfectly . Since he abused the privilege of chairs , he can lose the privilege at home of sitting on one. I would not allow use of pillows or blanket on floor either for cushioning.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 23, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Bump

janitablue
by on May. 23, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Well said and good luck you are heading on the right direction.

Quoting jcampbell288:

exactly my thinking! do this

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting jcampbell288:

soymujer
by Mikki on May. 23, 2013 at 8:56 PM

They gave him an option?  That would never have happened in my day.

family in the van   Mom of four

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN