Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

??QOTD?? 5/24/13

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:04 AM
  • 26 Replies

It's Wig Day!

Have you ever worn a wig? If so, when and why

by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
endurablemist
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:11 AM
Just for Halloween.
mamadee1971
by Dionne on May. 24, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Yes I wear wigs for bad hair days.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Only for costumes, Halloween, plays, etc.
jen113000
by Jenna on May. 24, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Maybe as a kid for Halloween, but nothing is coming to mind.

JC2223
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM

The last time I wore a wig I was 8yo and it was part of my Halloween costume. My wicked step-mother took the wig from the attic and made me wear it even though I was complaining it was itchy and I kept feeling like I was getting stung on my head. After 2 hours I couldn't take it anymore, I went home and ripped it off my head. Step-mom yelled at me for coming home early, hit me for not listening when she told me to put it back on and I got grounded for talking back when I tried to explain why I didn't want to wear it. Turns out it had bugs in it and they were biting me but I still got in trouble.  That damn wig killed Halloween for me, I've hated the holiday ever since and never dressed up again!

momofjkkc
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:31 AM
I've never.worn one. They freak me out. Not on a person but sitting on the head thing. My mom got one when her hair fell out from chemo but she never wore it cause it made her head itch. She had to put it on the head thing and set it on her window sill so my neice couldn't reach it. It freaked.bb me out everytime I visited.her.bit was.like the.head was starring at me.
LadyJag
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I have what I call my "cruise hair." For a while, our annual family vacation would consist of a cruise, so I bought a hair piece for formal nights on the ship. It is soooooo convenient! Instead of spending 30minutes to an hour on an up-do, I take 5 minutes, pull my hair into a pony tail, and attach my hair piece for an instant formal do!

To make sure it blends well, before our cruise I take my hair piece with me to the salon and have my stylist dye my hair the same color as the piece. LOVE it!

(I usually wear the piece a little higher than in this pic, but you get the idea!)

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Nope, not even for Halloween.

angelyuna20
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:56 AM

nope

Hannahluvsdogs
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:01 AM

A few times for Halloween

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN