Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Customize Your Family Schedule Challenge Day 10: Get into a Routine!

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:34 AM
  • 53 Replies
2 moms liked this

Since moms have so much to do each day, sometimes it's hard trying to find time to get everything done. Today's challenge is to create and stick to routines.  

Sticking to a routine will help you stay organized and on top of things. Pick a day to do laundry, to go grocery shopping, get into a cleaning routine, and schedule a time in your day to exercise. Once you establish a routine, things will become more predictable and less hectic.

writing

Do you have a daily routine or are you always trying to find time to get things done? Do you have specific days that you clean, do laundry, and go grocery shopping?

Click here if you missed yesterday's activity! If you haven't signed up for the Customize Your Family Schedule Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jemia
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:44 AM
I have tried this need to start up again
weaveress
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I do my grocery shopping and errands on weds. The baby has activities during the week that we do.

I clean the kitchen and bathroom on monday mornings. The kids do their chores on saturdays and every night before bed.

I start the dishwasher and wipe down the counters and stove every night before bed. I put the dishes away and start a load of laundry every morning when I wake up.

flylady.net helped me set up a routine because it seemed overwhelming before i started.  

endurablemist
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:55 AM
My work shifts change every week, so I have no days off set, and I could work morning or night on any day, so doing things on say Thursdays would be impossible every week.
batjmom
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:03 AM
I do have a rountine and stick with it pretty well.
cdavis6912
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:10 AM
I'm a stay at home mom and wife so I don't have a particular day that I do things but I try to get as much as I can done during the day so when my husband gets home all we have to do is eat dinner and relax.
WandaSue
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:14 AM

we do this, however i have been thinking i should write it out somewhere

got3boyz
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:17 AM

I don't have a certain day that I do things.  I'm not into schedules.

Babujai
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:25 AM
2 moms liked this
We have a few routines in place. What I really need are contingency plans when we get distracted from our routines by unplanned visitors and events.
Blue231
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:37 AM
I don't have set days for set chores, though I've considered it. I should try it.
mandalyn74
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Laundry is on Tuesday since I work from home that day.  Groceries are usually Saturday but sometimes Sunday.  Most house cleaning is on either Tuesday or the weekend but not necessarily scheduled for specific days it is more as I have time or motivation.  My husband stays home with the kids so he does some household chores like folding the laundry and loading/unloading the dishwasher.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN