Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She sent them back! WTH?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:42 PM
  • 47 Replies
Ok I am a little hurt. We made these apple picture frames with pictures of the kids and we had them write why they appreciated their teacher. It was our teachers last year so we thought it was a nice sentimental touch. She doesn't have to freakin display them. Well today was the last day of school and she sent them back in the kids backpacks! WTH? Is it just ne or us this shitty?
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsWallerYea
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Did the kids remember to get them out and give them to her?

frndlyfn
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I would ask her why and then go from there.

mom2twinboyz
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Oh yep. They were given to her last week. In fairness they were displayed but still.

Quoting MrsWallerYea:

Did the kids remember to get them out and give them to her?

mom2twinboyz
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:54 PM
The kids are saying she said she didn't have enough room on her fridge. She doesn't have to display them at home for Christs sake.

Quoting frndlyfn:

MrsWallerYea
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Aww! I probaly wouldn't read too much into it.  Maybe put them up on your own fridge at home as their "artwork" for a great teacher....

soymujer
by Mikki on May. 24, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

That is upsetting but I wouldn't make it a big deal.

family in the van   Mom of four

frndlyfn
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Silly teacher.   She doesnt, as you said , need to tell the children what will happen to them once they get home with her.  Did all the students make one or just your children?  DD made a magnet for her teacher last year and the teacher displayed it in classroom for everyone to enjoy on the white board.

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

The kids are saying she said she didn't have enough room on her fridge. She doesn't have to display them at home for Christs sake.

Quoting frndlyfn:

mom2twinboyz
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:10 PM
These were made by the whole class. I can understand if she gets enough of this stuff and doesn't want clutter but don't send them home like a slap in the face. There is crap that I don't want to keep but I still keep it because I know someone took the time.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Silly teacher.   She doesnt, as you said , need to tell the children what will happen to them once they get home with her.  Did all the students make one or just your children?  DD made a magnet for her teacher last year and the teacher displayed it in classroom for everyone to enjoy on the white board.

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting frndlyfn:

coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:36 PM
If she gave them all back, it's not as big a deal.

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

These were made by the whole class. I can understand if she gets enough of this stuff and doesn't want clutter but don't send them home like a slap in the face. There is crap that I don't want to keep but I still keep it because I know someone took the time.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsbmom
by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I think it's rude, but I understand why she did it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)