Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

10-Frames in Kindergarten

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:59 PM
  • 10 Replies

My son is learning t0 frames in Math He's in kindergarten. This is all NEW to me. I obviously don't remember kindergarten math for myself, but I was a little confused on his homework. So I googled ten frames to see what this is about. It brought me to this video. This is NOT his teacher, but the teacher is clapping and snapping at her children and I couldn't imagine a learning enviroment like that!

Watch video here.

by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:03 PM

The teacher is just implementing a form of classroom management. Her clap signaled the students to say 10, and her snap signaled for the students to tell how many ones there were. She's keeping them focused on the skill, that's for sure.

BeachMommy07
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:34 PM

That's just different for me but it does keep them focused here.

Quoting KairisMama:

The teacher is just implementing a form of classroom management. Her clap signaled the students to say 10, and her snap signaled for the students to tell how many ones there were. She's keeping them focused on the skill, that's for sure.

RMC007
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I thought it was a pretty effective way to keep students from shouting out and giving all students think time. I may even try that style out next year with my students.

BeachMommy07
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

It was effective for sure.

Quoting RMC007:

I thought it was a pretty effective way to keep students from shouting out and giving all students think time. I may even try that style out next year with my students.

disneymom2two
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 7:16 AM
1 mom liked this

She's just signaling to the kids when to say the answer; that way all the kids get a chance to formulate it without the quicker or louder ones just yelling it out first.  Looks good to me.

renijazzysmom
by on May. 25, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Her classroom looks pretty good to me.
myfamily2
by on May. 25, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I like her style of teaching and the children seem to like it and learning very well from it! I wouldn't have a problem if my daughter's teacher taught her class that way.
BeachMommy07
by on May. 25, 2013 at 2:53 PM

well, I'm the odd one out. I'm not liking it so much. I like a little more happiness in the classroom, but that is just me. She doesn't smile once or make learning fun. Clapping and snapping..Idk. It just isn't how I would like my child to be taught at school but to each their own.

katye43
by on May. 25, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I thought it was EXCELLENT!.. How unusual!  A teacher who actually had control of her classroom.  How unique!.  I have substitute taught in many classrooms and many do not have the control and the lack of noise needed for concentration.  THis teacher gets 5 stars from me....just sayin'

sweetleanne
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Thanks for sharing! Very interesting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)