Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

My son was not trying to burn your daughter! (edit)

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:39 PM
  • 28 Replies

So today my DS got a "spy kit" in it had a magnifly glass (small plastic)...so him and some boys were running around trying to burn ants...this mom came to me with her "crying" (fake no tears) daughter and two other kids accussing my DS of chasing her daughter around (he wasnt I was watching) yelling "burn her burn her" I said "no he was saying burn them he is burning ants" she was yelling at me that her daughter doesnt lie...

Me- Actually your daughter lies all the time, I was watching my son, and my son goes no where near your daughter because it just gets him in to trouble"

She then had the other girls yell at me (8 and 5)

THEN she went to all the other moms...

GAH cant wait till summer!

So does burn them or burn the ants...really sound like burn Ava???

EDIT- Okay people...IT IS PLASTIC! Doesnt work to burn the ants! I knew it wouldnt...he quickly fligured it out! Then moved on to something else!

by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Either way it's not acceptable. Why are you letting him torture innocent creatures?

I wouldn't want to be around your kid either with all the "misunderstandings" you seem to have over him there MUST be something going on.
Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Either way it's not acceptable. Why are you letting him torture innocent creatures?

I wouldn't want to be around your kid either with all the "misunderstandings" you seem to have over him there MUST be something going on.

YEAH The other mom is a blind moron...other parents see it too...and HELLO cant burn ants with the plastic things...also he couldnt find any...he is just being a boy...and sorry ants are disgusting I kill all the ones I see!

The girl is a pro at twisiting things...the mom yelled at me when her daughter BITE mine. Yelling at me about my son and if he has all of his shots...

Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

and you think its okay that she got her 5 year old to yell at me??? And bring in another persons child to yell at me??

Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Why let your child burn ants anyways? That's cruel

mjande4
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I'm not a fan of ants, but encouraging a child to burn any animal or bug seems sadistic and not a good message to be sending.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:24 PM
As for the other parent. Don't allow the kids on your property and you will not have to deal with Mom. No child should he yelling at an adult but you know she's nuts, so walk away.
Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

As for the other parent. Don't allow the kids on your property and you will not have to deal with Mom. No child should he yelling at an adult but you know she's nuts, so walk away.

This was all at the school...My son normally stays clear of her....she chased him then started crying to mom when he ran away!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:29 PM
I'm in an obviously argumentative mood..

Why is your child taking toys to school?
And in our District here...they would be expelled for playing with something that could cause a fire.

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

This was all at the school...My son normally stays clear of her....she chased him then started crying to mom when he ran away!

Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I'm in an obviously argumentative mood..

Why is your child taking toys to school?
And in our District here...they would be expelled for playing with something that could cause a fire.

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

He just got it in a spy kit through a book order today...and please tell me how a plastic toy can cause harm??? Guess you better suspend all kids that bring in spoons too cause it will do about the same...or those with eye glasses!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Actually, depending on the weather and the substance you are trying to burn, you could have a fire on your hands. I have two boys and we have done science experiments with different materials...kind of at home myth busters.

Anyway, good luck with it. Hopefully, since it is the end of the year you don't have to deal with these people.

I would make sure to find lots of appropriate activities to keep your DS occupied over the summer.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN