Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you think this is inappropriate?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:17 PM
  • 12 Replies
i have an almost 7 yo boy and almost 4 yo girl and 11 mo girl. my neighbor has a 17 yo boy and a 6 yo girl. they like to come hang out at my house. i feel its inappropriate for the 17 yo boy to come hang out at my house. im almost 28 and its me he comes to hang out with. what do you think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peaceful.chaos
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:18 PM
If you feel it is, then it is for you. I guess it would depend on a few things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
star33
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:20 PM

hmmm.tough one.

meka26
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I would not mind as long as he's respectful. Maybe he just likes your company. You all are not that far apart in age.

MalloryR
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM
If you don't feel comfortable, there is probably a reason. When I was a teenager, I always hung out with older adults because it made me feel cool. Once I became an adult, I realized that it wasn't very appropriate that they let me hang out with them.
emelymac
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:22 PM

What exactly are you worried about?

KRIZZ25
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:22 PM
IS HE WATCHING HIS SIBLING?/MAYBE U SHOULD TELL HIM "ITS OK I CAN WATCH HER U CAN GO ONE HIM I,LL DROP HER OFF LATER .JUST TO SEE WHAT HE SAYES. HE COULD HAVE CRUSH ON U .
Idntreallycare
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

If you feel uncomfortable, then yes it's an issue.... is it possible the 6 y/o wants the older one there to supervise (or the parents do?)

frndlyfn
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:35 PM

I wouldnt care if i were comfortable around him.  That age would become like another brother to me.  Talk to him as a soon to be adult if you are uncomfortable.

calsmom62
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Is the 17 yr responsible for his Sister or can she come alone? He might be coming over to escapethe stress of home( home could be great, but since its HIS house, he might not feel it is. ) Maybe you have better snacks,. Just keep the relationship respectful, and make sure to make friends with his mom. That will help you make sure the universe is ordered.
mommy06and09
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:06 PM
it started with him hanging out with me and his mother. now he comes without her. its not to watch his sister although shes always there but ive babysat her alone before just as his mother has babysat my kids. i guess im not comfortable with it cause i was only into one thing at that age. thanks for putting my mind at ease. hes never made a pass at me so i allow him to come hang out. should it ever happen i will address it then. thanks again ladies. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)