Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Summer bedtime?

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:23 AM
  • 55 Replies

What time do your kids go to bed in the summer? And what are their ages?

I want to bump my kids' bedtimes back but I don't know what would be good.

by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bleumonster
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 9:26 AM
There is no bedtime in the summer at my house since they stopped going to a babysitter LOL. My son and his friends must have went to bed late because they are still asleep up there.
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on May. 25, 2013 at 9:33 AM
My boys don't have a summer bedtime. No camps, no activities, no reason to wake up early in the summer.
bleumonster
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 9:41 AM
2 moms liked this
Fit a bedtime to YOUR schedule. If your kids will sleep in if they go to bed later and you like to sleep in a bit then adjust accordingly. If you would rather have time with dh after they go to bed then only set it back a little. If you work and they would go to camp or babysitter then adjust according to that. It's what fits YOU and your family that matters.
jen113000
by Jenna on May. 25, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Before 9 I'm thinking. School bed time is 8. They are 7 and 4.
calsmom62
by on May. 25, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Because the kids are in camp, and haVe to be there around 8, we don't change bedtime much in the summer. 8 or 830 school yr now, in the summer during the week. latest is about 930 if they have camp. Our ds11 likes his sleep, he will oft times just tell us goodnight around 745.
mjande4
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2013 at 10:41 AM

We don't really have a summer bedtime, but since they have swim practice at 6 each morning they tend to fall into bed before 10.  I let them self-regulate in the summer. 

my4littlegirls
by and 1 boy on May. 25, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Bedtime is between 9-10 depending on the day during the summer. They are 10,9, and 5. I think the 5 yr old will still be at 8pm since she wanted to go to summer school so she has to get up early. I also may have the others still go to bed early cause I will be watching the neighbor girl so she comes early. We will see though.

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 11:35 AM
I put my 8 and 3 yr old to be around 9-10 unless i run them ragged and they need to go to sleep earlier then that. Like last night :)
tabitha26
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 11:39 AM
He's in bed by 9/9:30 . He's going to be 8 in July .
Michelle0609
by on May. 25, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

She has to be in bed by 9;30 later if a special holiday like 4th of July but kids stil lrequire sleep and mom stil lrequires down time before bed and Lily is 7

have a nice day

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN