Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

going to Jr High *edit

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 11:02 PM
  • 34 Replies
My son os going into Jr high next year. Does the elementary school transfer him or do I have to go to the school and register him myself? I haven't received anything about it.
I was finally able to make it into the school. Sick kids, what fun.
His current elementary school will transfer all the info to the new middle school. Because he is going to the 6th grade all classes are core classes so he will not have to.sign up for anything. His current teachers already submitted which level of classes he needs to be in. Yay! They are all advanced! Im so proud oh him.

Thank you ladies for all your help.
by on May. 25, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 11:14 PM
I believe they transfer him and then later into the summer you will receive a letter stating who his teacher is
KairisMama
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Out here we register our children each and every school year. It's required.

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Call and ask. We renew contracts every semester.
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM
We use a charter homeschool though and its k-12
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 1:30 AM
His files and such will be transferred most likely. Just call to make sure there's nothing you need to do.
Kris_PBG
by on May. 26, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Here you would have to go register them. Call and ask the school what you need to do.
mjande4
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Here we register them through the elementary school.  It was done way back in February.  That's when we picked his electives, etc.

SahmTam
by Tammy on May. 26, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I would contact your district office to find out for sure. Every state and/or district is different. We register our kids in kindergarten and never again (as long as there are no moves), but others register every year.

proudmommy690
by on May. 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM
I have no idea. I have to find out what I have to do about my child going to 1st grade lol
momofjkkc
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2013 at 2:03 PM
When we registered my son into kinder he just stayed at that elementary until 6th grade. I just dont remember my mom going to our schools when my siblings and I moved up.

Quoting proudmommy690:

I have no idea. I have to find out what I have to do about my child going to 1st grade lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)