Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

??QOTD?? 5/26/13

Posted by on May. 26, 2013 at 6:33 AM
  • 19 Replies

What was your favorite job as a teen/young adult?

~~CINDY

by on May. 26, 2013 at 6:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rockinmomto2
by on May. 26, 2013 at 7:10 AM

I hated working, but my senior year of high school, I got a job in a tiny cafe where I learned how to properly make wraps. She had hired me to make coffee drinks, but it was too hard with all the people waiting in line and I just couldn't get it. And she wasn't willing to train me before or after hours. So I didn't like the job at all...but I learned something from it!

calsmom62
by on May. 26, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Working as a receptionist and doing title searches in my HS sophomore yr for a realtor. Part of my.job I got to travel to the county courthouse, and we'd go to a nice restaurant for lunch and it felt very grown up
gonecrazi
by on May. 26, 2013 at 8:05 AM

I had my first job at 15. I worked at a small hamburger stand owned by a lady at our church. I was a lot of fun.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:08 AM
I worked at a summer camp. Best job ever!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SahmTam
by Tammy on May. 26, 2013 at 8:31 AM

A few months out of college I'd moved back to college and needed to get a job right away. At first I got an AWFUL job at an inner city day care, but then found out about a job at a ribbon embroidery company. When I first started I was just cutting lengths of ribbon and putting mail order kits together, but after about 2 weeks a lady in another building that did graphic design for the company's magazine left to have a baby and then decided she wasn't coming back. I got her job- it was so fun, I worked with great people and it was such a relaxed, but professional, environment. Loved it!

Strega
by on May. 26, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I got my Working Papers at 14. My First Job was Housekeeper at the Nursing Home down the Street. I loved it and hated it at the same time. I loved the Residents, but it was so sad getting attached to them and then they'd pass on.

It's still my favorite Job ever, though.

Daisypath - (oQoi)

johnny4ever
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Day Care Aide
Cindy18
by Cruella on May. 26, 2013 at 9:13 AM

My favorite and worst at the same time was Burger King. It was my first job and when management wasn't there we would have a blast!

deadlights86
by on May. 26, 2013 at 9:16 AM
I'm still at my first job almost 9 years later lol. Cashier at a grocery store. I wouldn't say I love it but I make almost 10 dollars an hour. I made 6 dollars when I started there.
LadyAmaranth
by on May. 26, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Babysitting. Made steady money and had fun with the kids.

Did that from age 12 to 17.

~Hillarie~
Mama to 3 Joyfully Chaotic Sons

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN