Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Customize Your Family Schedule Challenge Day 11: Evaluate and Organize!

Posted by on May. 27, 2013 at 8:10 AM
  • 59 Replies

Clutter and lack of organization can really slow a busy mom down! Today's challenge is to evaluate the areas of your home that are in need of help and take 15-20 minute increments of time to organize!

Sometimes it can be overwhelming to start organizing a really cluttered or large space. If you don't have a lot of time to take on these organizing projects, start by spending 15-20 minutes at a time.  You'll find that it's less overwhelming and in no time your space will start feeling organized and more productive.

sweeping

Which area of your home is the most cluttered? Do you usually take big chunks of time to organize or do you spend smaller increments of time organizing?

Click here if you missed yesterday's activity! If you haven't signed up for the Customize Your Family Schedule Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on May. 27, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Spare Bedroom or Laudnry Room

DestinyRoseLC
by on May. 27, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Ugh my poor desk and book case are in desperate need of my attention
BKozICan
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 8:36 AM

What is cluttered? Kitchen diningroom, livingroom, bedrooms, bathrooms, den..... 2000 sq. foot of stuff in a 1400 sq foot house. :-(

honestly, the only time I really attack it is in panic mode when people are coming over. I'll spend two days trying to tame it, then end up must spending one day running all the clutter to the least used rooms and never dealing with it.

my goal for today will be half an hour working on the dining room. The overflowing aummer activities box, the craft stuff overflowing on the floor and the school papers that have accumulated all year.

dommad2
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Storage room. Since its on another floor of the building it usually takes hours.i have to pull everything into my unit, sort, and put back.
weaveress
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 8:56 AM
The tops of my mantle, entertainment center, and fridge. Where I put things to keep them out of the baby's reach are the worst. I usually clean them every three to four months when people are coming over. So I really need to get into a once a week throw away. I don't have very large cluttered spaces because I just spring cleaned in april. Which is when I make a list and spend four to six weeks throwing stuff out for the citywide sales. I didn't get all my list done this yr so I am going to spend july finishing up before the next citywide yardsale.
cdavis6912
by on May. 27, 2013 at 9:01 AM
The most cluttered spot would be out bedroom closet. I spend little amounts of time organizing it because it would be an all day project if I did it all in one sitting. Taking shorter amounts of time to organize seems to work out better.
rleer4
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Home office

WandaSue
by on May. 27, 2013 at 9:27 AM

i need to do this better! i really wish o could just throw everything away and go buy new stuff that we actually need...lol

got3boyz
by on May. 27, 2013 at 9:37 AM

My laundry room needs some help.  I like to get as much done as I can at one time.

BonitaM
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 9:38 AM

My bedroom is always the most cluttered.  I usually take big chunks of time to organize and sometimes do feel overwhelmed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)