Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

The change of weather has anyone got sick???

Posted by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:09 PM
  • 16 Replies

I love this cool weather I am not complain but this week my son got sick and now my hubby is sick.  My throat feels little sore but I took something and  I can not afford to be sick. Since the change of weather turning to hot, rainy, and cold has anyone in your family got sick what is your remedy for the cold ?

by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2013 at 10:14 PM
2 moms liked this

We do honey for at home treatment of colds as well as lots of chicken noodle soup and i load myself up on OJ.  The childrens orange juice has more added than the regular through minute maid.

calsmom62
by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Yes last week everyone had a scratchy throat and stuffy nose, and also fighting allergies with all of the pollen....come back warm sunny weather!!!
craftymomma82
by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:59 PM

My kids have not had any colds or allergies,yet, but I'm fighting allergies .....

mommaTLC186
by on May. 27, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Cold air is a major trigger for my sons asthma. He gets bronchitis and sinus infections alot. We use apple cider vinegar and honey daily, along with his breathing machine meds. Making sure all my kids eat right and wash their hands constantly seems to work for us too.
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Yep, ds has a sinus infection and double pink eye and an ear infection caused by drainage from the sinus infection. Dd has a sore throat but no fever so far *knocks on wood* and dh has a fever and the chills. :( I am just hoping that dd wakes up feeling better tomorrow as it would suck for her to miss the last 4 days of school. 

bryanasmom2004
by on May. 28, 2013 at 7:45 AM

My dd has a scratchy throat and cough with a stuffy nose. I been using cold/allergy medication at night since she is having a hard time sleeping. But lots of OJ and Vit. C tablets. And praying I don't get it, but my nose has been acting funny. Best of luck to you with getting your family well.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on May. 28, 2013 at 8:52 AM

We haven't gotten sick, but all of our sinuses are acting up. Dh, ds2, and dd have been stuffy, and ds1 and I have been feeling a touch light-headed frequently. The makers of Sudafed are making a fortune off of us this season. . .

May is STURGE-WEBER

Awareness Month

jen113000
by Jenna on May. 28, 2013 at 9:03 AM
All but my one son had a bad cold all last week. It was horrible! Allergies on top of the cold too.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on May. 28, 2013 at 9:46 AM

No, but I don't subscribe to that old wive's tale.  We were camping all weekend, sleeping in a tent with overnight lows of 34, 34, and 37. Day time highs were in the 50's 3 of the 4 days, the other day was very low 60's.  None of us are sick.

janitablue
by on May. 28, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I am glad that you make sure that you kids wash their hands.you rock

Quoting mommaTLC186:

Cold air is a major trigger for my sons asthma. He gets bronchitis and sinus infections alot. We use apple cider vinegar and honey daily, along with his breathing machine meds. Making sure all my kids eat right and wash their hands constantly seems to work for us too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)