Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

My son is trying to pull a fast one on me............

Posted by on May. 28, 2013 at 10:38 PM
  • 12 Replies

I swear my son thinks I am stupid. Friday I gave him permission to take his pokemon cards to school. Guess what happen his music teacher took it away from him. Today he tries to bring the cards to school again I took it out of his bag. I had no energy to fuss with him because we were leaving for school. I came home from school and I am looking for his homework guess what I found in his bag the pokemon cards. I told hubby no games and tv because he is missing homework. I decide to hide his card I think I am feeling sick and I don't know if I am going to be in the mood to address the card situation.  The evil side of me wants to dump the cards in the garbage. 

Have your child try to pull a  fast one on you? What did you do?

by on May. 28, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on May. 28, 2013 at 10:52 PM

We homeschool, so it is a little bit of a different situation.

That said, my kids do have certain amount of work due each day.  If the work is not done, no TV,no video games..only one pissed off Momma!

Last two weeks,  DS2 has been great about school work so I gave him th benefit of the doubt. He said he was done, I didnt check. Well, I checked today and he was behind inseveral subjects. Life was HELL for him today.

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

janitablue
by on May. 28, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

We homeschool, so it is a little bit of a different situation.

That said, my kids do have certain amount of work due each day.  If the work is not done, no TV,no video games..only one pissed off Momma!

Last two weeks,  DS2 has been great about school work so I gave him th benefit of the doubt. He said he was done, I didnt check. Well, I checked today and he was behind inseveral subjects. Life was HELL for him today.

Good for you for standing your ground.
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on May. 28, 2013 at 10:57 PM

I have taken toys or items away if dd does not take care of them.   They are hidden and i tell her since she did not take care of them they are gone for awhile.  She would have to clean to find them.   I am using the same policy with the little girl i watch as well.  I had bought her a nice slinky and kept reminding her to keep it off the floor.  Well it was on the floor so i took it away.  Will give her a less expensive and safer one tomorrow.   

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 28, 2013 at 11:07 PM

If I was in your place, I would confiscate the cards for awhile since he's proving to not be responsible with them.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Ds1 is thisclose to losing Boy Scout camp this summer b/c he swore he had all science homework done and submitted when he really didn't. Guess who's doing all those assignments this week for no credit? As long as he gets them all done and manages to pass Science, he can still go to camp, but we're not telling him that, yet.

May is STURGE-WEBER

Awareness Month

corrinacs
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Oh yeah, he has.  I just deal with the fuss.  If you deal with it once, it will less likely happen in the future.  Just let him have the 1-2 times of fussing a lot about it.  But once he knows you mean business, he's less likely to pull a fast one on you!

KRIZZ25
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 1:32 PM
take the away for long time..my so does same..i told him u will loose ur toy for good..he will have to lurne the hard way.
STVUstudent
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

oh, sure... that is what kids do... we set boundaries and make rules, and they try to find the loopholes and exceptions...  it really sucks when we don't feel our best- we are less able to strike back appropriately... I have confiscated nintendos that seem to take 10 minutes to power off when I say time is up... I have pulled pokemon cards and barbi from bookbags... I am the mom... that is my job... one day, they will get it... until then, I keep checking the bags, and confiscating the contraband...  know that your son is not the only one... bet half the boys have pokemon cards stashed in their bookbags, and the other half have nijago or teenage mutant ninja turtles or beyblades...

zumbafreak11
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Just last week my daughter brought a fairy doll that she had gotten from Mickey D's to school afterI'd told her not to. Her teacher caught her playing with it when she wasn't supposed to be and took it away.
cjsbmom
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I had the same issue with my son and his Ninjago lego characters. He was caught playing with them in class, so the teacher asked that he not bring them anymore. He was still sneaking them into his backpack and then his pants pockets. I swear, I have to all but strip search the kid in the morning now to make sure he hasn't hidden any of them on his body!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)