Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you stay or go?

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:35 PM
  • 40 Replies
When your child has practice, a music lesson, Cub/Girl Scouts, etc. do you stay, or do you drop him/her off and pick him/her up when it's over?
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annelauer
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:38 PM
I stay, but she spends several hours per day at the studio. Next year I am considering dropping her off so that I can have some time for myself.
ninamsi
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:45 PM

The majority of the time I stay.  We spend most of our time in church and I do not drive.  I use to be a Girl Scout leader.  I know from that experience that it is very helpful for parent to volunteer to help.  Some children behave a lot better when their parent is present.  Some times you need someone around to take children to the rest room or to get a drink of water without worrying about their safety.

jen113000
by Jenna on May. 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM
I stay most of the time. I like watching him!
frndlyfn
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I am not sure since she has only had one afterschool activity and that was directly at the school.  I went their last class so i could get pictures for the teacher to submit to the yearbook.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:08 PM

When I can, I drop and run.  lol  When I am the person in charge, I have to stay and honestly would prefer for parents to leave than stand around chatting as that is a huge distraction.

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on May. 29, 2013 at 4:14 PM
I have four boys. With my older two I drop them off with the younger two who are currently in karate and soccer, I stay.
alexsmomaubrys2
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Most of the time I stay. I've dropped before though. It depends on what is going on.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

corrinacs
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I go with my son to Tae Kwon Do and everything else.  He's 5 and in Kindergarten.  Right now, I need to be sure he's getting the most out of everything and part of that is ensuring he's focused :).

arthistmom
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:22 PM

This really depends on the duration of the activity. If it's an afterschool activity/class held at his school, I pick him up when it's over. If it's a music lesson (which is only 30 minutes) or sport practice (one hour maximum), I usually stay.

JustaSM231
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:36 PM
We stay for lessons because its 20 minutes from our house so by the time we left and went home it would be time to turn around and go back. Waste of gas. For other practices, it depends on how long they are and if we have other things to do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)