Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Customize Your Family Schedule Challenge Day 15: Boost Your Energy!

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:54 AM
  • 59 Replies

As a mom on the go, do you tend to skip meals or make unhealthy food choices to save time?  Today's challenge is to take time each day and fuel your body with food.

Here are some ways to fuel your body with food:

• Don't skip breakfast. A good breakfast provides the nutrients people need to start their day off right. An easy and flexible breakfast option for the whole family is Quaker's Perfect Portions oatmeal. Some people skip meals to save time, cut calories, or get a few more minutes of sleep. Skipping meals in an effort to save time or lose weight is likely to cause you to gain weight and feel more fatigued.
  • The amount and type of foods you eat play an important role in your daily energy levels. Some foods that are great for boosting your energy are citrus fruit, salmon, eggs, beans, walnuts, and sweet potatoes.

eating

How often do you skip meals or make unhealthy food choices in order to save time? What are some ways you fuel your body with food or drinks?

Click here if you missed yesterday's activity! If you haven't signed up for the Customize Your Family Schedule Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM

For myself, I bring my breakfast to work with me so I do remember to eat.  I usually bring non-fat plain yogurt and granola to mix in with it.  Although I am guilty of ordering a pizza for dinner because I don't have the energy to chase around two little children and cook immediately after work, but thankfully that doesn't happen very often.  We almost never eat out and almost all of our meals at home are home cooked.

TurboMom81
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I skip breakfast daily. I sleep till noon

acrogodess
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:26 PM
I skip breakfast for myself. I just am usually not hungry in the morning. My kids and my grandma have plenty of healthy options throughout the day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandalyn74
by Member on May. 31, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I try to eat breakfast but I don't always make healthy choices.  I should be dieting to lose the weight from my last baby but I can't make myself do it.

johnny4ever
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Granola bars are great to refuel!

jsbuck
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I am not a big breakfast eater, but I do try to eat healthy throughout the day.

dommad2
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:36 PM
I always eat breakfast! Lunch and dinner are touch and go so I keep meal bars in the van. I drink over 100oz of water a day but also caffeine load. I am a serious coffee addict.
BKozICan
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:45 PM

:-( I rarely remember breakfast. I end up eating brunch and supper most days. And, of course, I have the munchies all evening because I've only eaten 600-800 calories all day.

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 31, 2013 at 1:00 PM

We try not to skip breakfast. We keep some quickly healthy breakfast options on hand to prevent skipping of breakfast. 

BonitaM
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 1:04 PM

The only time I skip meals or eat unhealthy foods to save time is when I'm going out, the rest of the time is because I'm either not hungry, to lazy, or really craving junkfood.   I'm not big on healthy eating for myself....however for DD it's a totally different story.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)