Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Are you still giving your kiddo 100%?

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:22 PM
  • 36 Replies

My son has been buying lunch for the past couple of weeks. His reading goal has already been met, so if we forget to read for 20 minutes one night, Im not stressing about it and I have skipped a couple of end of year functions. Ugh..I am just so ready for school to be over already.

Anyone else running out of fuel with school and just ready for summer to begin?

by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ninamsi
by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be happy if I did not have to work.  I do not get a summer break and finding something for my kids to do and someone to help care for them is work.  We are older parents so our children do not have grandparents that can help.  I know I'm in the minority but I would not be upset if they went to school all year round.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I am just glad this was last week of official homework.   It has been a struggle all year long for her to do reading journal.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Year round schools still get breaks, just not for 2-3 months for summer.  I think their breaks are 2-3 weeks every 4 months or something.  We do not have anyone near by really to watch dd so i am glad my guy is medically retired from military to stay home with her.

Quoting ninamsi:

I would be happy if I did not have to work.  I do not get a summer break and finding something for my kids to do and someone to help care for them is work.  We are older parents so our children do not have grandparents that can help.  I know I'm in the minority but I would not be upset if they went to school all year round.

soymujer
by Mikki on May. 31, 2013 at 3:11 PM

School's been out for two weeks here!

family in the van   Mom of four

WillsMOM72
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Same here.

Quoting soymujer:

School's been out for two weeks here!

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2013 at 3:13 PM
We homeschool and I've cut down on how much we do. Just kind of finishing up for the year. I'm so ready for the break.
wakymom
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 3:20 PM

My kids have bought lunch all week, and I've been having trouble getting myself moving in the mornings. Stayed on top of the schoolwork, though. Had to b/c of ds1 (long, frustrating story). As of 2:40 p.m, ds1 is on summer break; as of 3:30 p.m, ds2 and dd will be, too.

May is STURGE-WEBER

Awareness Month

_Mrs.H_
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 3:25 PM

We have a week left but I am so glad this was the final week of homework.  That is a major hassle in the evening and I need a break from that.

k1kelley
by Member on May. 31, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Schools not out here until June 13th. I am ready for summer break, just not ready for all the bickering between DS(16 1/2) and DD (almost 7).

mommy06and09
by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:04 PM
my kids buy lunch all year long. i have been slipping on the homework time though. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)