Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Festival of Arts PICS (heavy)

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2013 at 8:35 PM
  • 7 Replies
2 moms liked this

Here are some pic of the Festival of Art Hosted by the school Districtthat my son goes to. I thought it was a great thing to do. Have different schools share there art academicprogram they have, To encourage younger children, or show them what to look forward when they reach middle school and high school they had open art booths for children to share their free art creativity. My DS sure did.

He made a decorated his own luch box

by on Jun. 2, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mireya926
by on Jun. 2, 2013 at 8:39 PM

My point to share this is am still at aww. You do not see event like this  on a regular basis 

Painted his own photo Frame & bird house

Play the drums

drew with chalk paint a mural

jen113000
by Jenna on Jun. 2, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing!
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 2, 2013 at 9:04 PM
2 moms liked this

These pictures are very representative of what happens in our elementary school.  It is sad that not all schools still have the arts available to their students.

Mireya926
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 1:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I strongly agree with you, budget cuts in our schools not only in CA but am sure around the states have affected our schools. I was so proud not only of my son but of other young teens in Middle School flourish there Talents. I took more pic of other children singing in bands, and preforming but, I thought these were enough for today.

I shared with my son father, while talking at lunch during the event, witch was free, that it was sad that we did not have this as we were growing up. We were both really impressed

Quoting steelcrazy:

These pictures are very representative of what happens in our elementary school.  It is sad that not all schools still have the arts available to their students.

natesmom1228
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Looks like he had fun.

soymujer
by Mikki on Jun. 3, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Cool!  We have a Buffalo Storytelling thing every year and they have a kids fest where they pick three places, get a story read to them and then get to do a craft that deals with the story.  My youngest didn't want to go this year.

family in the van   Mom of four

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 3, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Looks like a really fun event!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN