Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

??QOTD?? 6/12/13

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:46 AM
  • 38 Replies

Do you dye your hair? What color do you dye it and is that a big difference from your natural color?

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamadee1971
by Dionne on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:50 AM

I use to back in my 30's, and I would dye it medium or light brown.

endurablemist
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:12 AM
I never have, thinking of doing blonde highlights soon though.
CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Yes I dye my hair.  I dye it dark brown which is a bit lighter than my natural color.

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Not any more. I used to when I was younger, usually just highlights. I stopped when I was pregnant with my son, way back in 2005.

Recently I got a perm for the first time since I was in high school. It fell out within 2 weeks. My hairstylist put another one in and it's barely still in. I'm guessing this is the last time I'll have anything other than cuts done to my hair.
SahmTam
by Tammy on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:13 AM

No. I used to use Sun In years ago since my hair was dirty blonde- to make it really blonde. But the second to last time I dyed it I was going from its current color (brunette) to blonde and the dye burned- I decided never again to go so drastically lighter- too harsh! A few months later I got pregnant with my daughter. When I got out of the 1st trimester I dyed it as close as I could back to my natural color and have never dyed it since. That was 10 years ago!

As more grays start to pop up I'm debating on dying it, though!

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:18 AM

My natural color is dirty blonde. I dye my hair black mostly, but every once in a while I dye it bright red just for a change, or I dye it blue black. I have been dyeing my hair since I was 10/11 yrs old. Hvaent seen my natural color in many many many years

LadyAmaranth
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Im naturally a light brown in color.

I treated myself to a hair change back in February/March. It's now a red-brown with light blonde highlights.

jamianne
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:56 AM

A year ago I bleached my hair and dyed it bright purple.  The purple's gone but I now have half light brown, half bleach blonde hair.  I'll never bleach it again, that's for sure!

Strega
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I dye it to cover my Grays. I'm a Natural Redhead. I keep to the Color so there is no difference. 

For the heck of it (and to cross it off my Bucket List), I went Blonde for about 4 months. It was drastic because I've been a Redhead since birth. It looked awesome and I got a lot of compliments. But, the upkeep is crazy hard (my Red Roots grew out about every 2 weeks!). It was fun while it lasted. A ouple of weeks ago, I went back to my Red.

Daisypath - (oQoi)

jen113000
by Jenna on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:05 AM
I haven't in awhile. But generally keep a brown color.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN