Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What is on most in your house?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:26 PM
  • 38 Replies

Im sitting here with my laptop listening to the Disney channel in the background from downstairs and I can hear the faint sound of Sports Center on ESPN upstairs.

I just realized that those are the two most watched/listened to channels in the house. My 8 yr old keeps it on the Disney channel, even when he is not watching it. Same goes for my teen. He has ESPN on upstairs 24/7 (okay not really that long) even if it just serves as background noise.

What channels do you/your kids watch the most? 

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:42 PM

disney, nick, sprout...... lately as much on demand shows as she can since HUB turned into a premium channel and we dont get premium channels.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:44 PM

We don't have cable, so Netflix and Hulu Plus.

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:51 PM

We have Netflix but only really use it for movies. How do you like Hulu Plus? 

Quoting Barabell:

asaffell
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Disney or Netflix.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Disney and Nickelodeon
arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Disney channel or PBS Kids but the boys's DVRd shows. They don't really watch it in real time.
Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 12, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I'd like it better if it gave me the same range of TV shows that are available online and CBS shows, but that's outside of their control since it's dependent on the distributions that the owners of the show want. It's really improved a lot since we first got Hulu Plus, so I'm hoping it'll get better over time. It has been really annoying me lately that on my Smart TV I have to keep logging back into Hulu, and it also freezes on my Roku box all the time. I think they need to improve their programming some more. I'm not sure why it can't remember my account 75% of the time on my Smart TV.

But it's a much cheaper alternative to having a DVR, so I shouldn't complain. I didn't realize how much electricity the DVR uses until we got rid of it.

Quoting Reina13:

Quoting Barabell:

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Oh really good info. Thanks. We have been toying around with the idea because cable is so expensive.

Quoting Barabell:

I'd like it better if it gave me the same range of TV shows that are available online and CBS shows, but that's outside of their control since it's dependent on the distributions that the owners of the show want. It's really improved a lot since we first got Hulu Plus, so I'm hoping it'll get better over time. It has been really annoying me lately that on my Smart TV I have to keep logging back into Hulu, and it also freezes on my Roku box all the time. I think they need to improve their programming some more. I'm not sure why it can't remember my account 75% of the time on my Smart TV.

But it's a much cheaper alternative to having a DVR, so I shouldn't complain. I didn't realize how much electricity the DVR uses until we got rid of it.

Quoting Reina13:

Quoting Barabell:

luvcats406
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Nick, Disney and tlc(me) and of course the History channel(dh).

jamianne
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Netflix or amazon streaming videos.  On the rare occasions we actually have the cable on it's usually on NY1 or BBC-A.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)